1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida vacation shooting question.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 06exige, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 06exige

06exige TS Member

I am going to be renting a house for a family vacation in Flagler Beach Florida the week of July 6th and was wondering if there is anywhere close to shoot while I am there. If there is I will pack a gun and shells for myself and my son-inlaw.

also this is my first post after lurking around a few times. Great forum with some great information. Thanks to everyone

O.K. Welty III
    Oregon, IL.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The Flagler Gun Club is located in Brunell. Click on the link for full information.

Eric

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

If you want to shoot bunker try Gator Skeet and Trap in Gainesville.

Tom

4. Damifino

Damifino Member

What mixer said - Flagler is a great club. It will be less than 10 miles from you at Flagler.
    Be sure to have breakfast at the pier. I don't think there is a better morning view on the planet. Toss in a hearty breakfast for 5-6 bucks.

5. 06exige

06exige TS Member

I e-mailed Flagler gun club a few days ago but had not heard anything back from them. It looks like a great club. I just wanted to make sure that I could get in to shoot before I packed all my stuff.

O.K. Welty III

6. 06exige

06exige TS Member

Thanks for the breakfast and dinner suggestions. I do love a good primerib I will have to check that out.

7. Damifino

Damifino Member

The kids from the Flagler Club shot the SCTP event at the Dollar this afternoon so I know they are going strong.

It's been awhile since I lived over there but one more suggestion: Not too ar from Martins (an excellent monster prime rib, btw) there is a littl place called the Turtle Shack. Its seats about 12 - They used to have ginormous hamburgers and really good crab cakes.

Oh.. another is the Outback Crabshack. It is in the middle of nowhere, West on the St John's river. Not a house within a mile of it but 100 cars in the parking lot on Friday night.

8. 700X-user

700X-user Member

If you go to Martins for the prime rib, take a digital camera and post the pix here. No one will believe the size of the "King" cut unless they actually see it. I had to take most of mine home. The wife and I ate on it for 3 days.

Ed

9. 06exige

06exige TS Member

Thanks for all the restaurant sugestions everyone. I have emailed a club member suggested to me in a pm. Hoping to have everything set up before I leave. I am also hoping to have my new trap gun secured by then to take with me to try out. :)

Switching from a BT-99 Plus to a customized Beretta O/U a 686 with XTrap barrells and Brad Taft customized wood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.