1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Florida shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Active Member

Does anyone understand the self defense law in Florida that applies to the recent shooting of a teenager in Florida?

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I didn't hear about the FL shooting but I'm going to guess you are asking about the Castle Doctrine?

3. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

There has been a couple of shootings and they sound like manslaughter. I can shoot Traders on a public street, claim he threatened me and I walk free.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Supposedly there was an eye witness (neighbor) that saw the kid swinging at the shooter. Why speculate, let the authorities do their thing.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is another point of Law, when you get to old to take an ass kicking, shoot the SOB no more problem and it eliminates the threat ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Johnny

Johnny Active Member

I have always been too old "to take an ass kicking" If anyone in Florida gives me any lip, I will just shoot him. Especially a belligerent old guy emboldened by a gun in his belt.

7. ReconDoc

ReconDoc Member

Zimmerman was told not to follow the kid, he followed him anyway and got out of his vehicle and confronted the kid as I hav read in the paper. When he did that he initiated the incident and was wrong in doing so, therefor in my opinion the Castle Doctrine is null and void. I f the kid had been legally armed and shot Zimmerman he would have gone free. Zimmerman screwed up, it's that plain and simple, at least in my opinion. Woody Sullivan, Oviedo Fl, and yes I do carry legally

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Most of you guys apparently have not looked into the details of this case. This Zimmerman dirtbag murdered that kid, plain and simple. Zimmerman was a known douchebag who called 911 nearly 50 times in the last year while on his wannabe tough guy gig as neighborhood watch zealot. He went looking for trouble and was hell-bent on finding it whether it was a prowler with a pistol or a 17 year-old kid wielding a bag of skittles (which turned out to be exactly the case). On the 911 recording, before he had any solid info about the kid, Zimmerman said something that will end up putting is butt in jail, and rightfully so. He muttered, "These @ssholes always get away."

This is exactly the kind of idiot who brings heat on the rest of us law-abiding, responsible gun owners.

By the way, be careful who you defend, because the next "criminal" he guns down in cold blood might be your kid or grandkid.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.