1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida Shooters Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kreith, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreith

kreith Member

I am planning on heading down to Silver Dollar for one of the events this coming year (Dixie/Southern Grand or State Shoot).

Which has the most vendors? Is the most enjoyable shoot? Largest attendanded? I want to get the most bang for my buck.

Thanks
    Cory

2. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

You may get several different responses to these questions. In my opinion, the Southern Grand has the most vendors, and the largest attendance. However, again in my opinion, the State Shoot is the most enjoyable.

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Cory just go to all three shoots and then you will know for yourself!
    Attendance is higher at the Southern but I prefer the Dixie!
    Rooferbob!

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

The Dixie is smaller. Except for the last couple of days everything is shot on the Gun Club side. I like both the Dixie and the Southern. The Dixie is a great break from January temperatures. When you get home from the Southern, Winter should be over so it makes an early Spring. I spend 10 days at the Southern and have never been able to remain another week for the FL State but I am sure it is a fine shoot. Which of the shoots is best is like asking one if he would rather shoot 200 straight in singles or 100 straight in doubles.

Pat Ireland

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry B.- OK, it is 100 straight doubles for you soon. It is not as difficult as it may seem. All you have to do is break 50 pair.

Pat Ireland

6. kreith

kreith Member

I appreciate all of your responses. Guess I will just pick from a hat.

Thanks again,
    Cory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.