1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida Handgun Question???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Tron, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Right now I'm down in Florida sorting through my Father's estate. An issue is coming up with one of his handguns. It's a Taurus .38, nothing special and I really don't want it. My Brother inlaw says that he wants this gun, but I'm not handing it over to him unless this is handled legally. This gun was registered to my Father and I have the registration card on me. What is the proceedure to give this gun up to my Brother inlaw in this state??

Thanks,

Joe

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

well its a personal deal. But you can let a gun shop do a back ground check if you dont trust him LOL rick

3. Model12

Model12 Member

0   0   0

Tron, Email me and I'll give you my # in Orlando. Bob G

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Tron, I don't believe there is any registration requirement in Fla. You may have a "carry permit" in your posession.

Give him the gun.

HM

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Are you the executor of the estate? HMB

6. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

0   0   0

Hey Joe, sorry to hear about your Dad. I don't know anything about FL gun laws but I'll email you later.

Steve

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Tron,

There are no "registration" laws in Florida. There are also no legal requirements to sign any papers or have the transfer of a firearm from one individual to another individual "recorded" in the state of Florida. There are also no "background check" requirements when a firearm is transferred from one individual to another. The only requirement is that a person can't KNOWINGLY transfer a firearm to another individual who is not eligible by law to own such a firearm.

So, how do you know that your father didn't transfer (sell/give) the gun to your Brother in Law before his death? (wink) He may well have done so without your knowledge, and since there is no law requiring that such transfer be "recorded", how do you know that it didn't happen? For that matter, how could anyone prove that it DIDN'T happen?

I'm not an attorney and you shouldn't rely on my advice for legal matters, but I know what I'd do.

Easystreet

8. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No law in Florida that says you cant give him the gun, It may not be legal for him to own it for lots of reasons that we all pretty much know, If he lives out of State he may have to register ownership depending on the state.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.