1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida cops shoot wrong man ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by HSLDS, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

OK, Just saw this by chance.

Sheriffs, looking for an assault suspect, went to the wrong house at 1:30 AM, knocked, but DID NOT ANNOUNCE and were met by a homeowner holding a gun - their response - OPEN FIRE!

Their answer was that they would not have shot had he not had a gun, and besides, after the fact they found drugs in his house...

Where is the MSM on this one??

2. oz

oz Active Member

he has a robe!!!! karate expert!!!! shoot, green light whatever reload & shoot again.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Once again oz shows what an utter moron he is.

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

If he had a gun and dope, he should be shot. What's the problem. Trevor Dawe

5. oz

oz Active Member

someone knocks on your door at 3am and DOES NOT SAY POLICE, what do you do? go to the door naked? send your 10 year old to answer the door? call GRNTITAN for advice? call the police? If the poor slob came to the dooor with a flashlight and shined at whoever was there, he would probably be vaporised. I was being funny. I have a video of a man on the ground in custody, handcuffed. a female officer holds a gun on him anyway and it discharges into the asphault inches from the SUSPECT'S head. You can't win., come to the door naked and get shot by a bad guy, come to the door armed (your right) and get shot by a cop. a cop that does not announce (POLICE!!) is a bad guy. In my state we had a police major's son (also a policeman in same city) get blown away by 2 cops from same dept. the victim was off duty. Guess he figured they know the major, they MUST know him. Cops are getting better but not perfect. GRNTITAN i may be a moron but you are my king.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Trevor,

The dope was found after the fact. I agree a guy with dope don't need a gun but cops can't just go around kicking in doors and shooting homeowners and not even have the right dang house to start with. How would you like that at your place with your family? Perhaps then they will snoop around and see if they can find anything illegal to make it "seem" ok.

This exact thing happened here quite a few years ago. The State Drug Task Force kicked in a guys door and held him, his wife and young daughter at gun point. Wasn't the right guy or house. Wasn't even the right town. That guy happened to be a friend of mine and if he had not fell asleep in his chair, would have came to the door armed as well. It's BS no matter how you slice it.

oz,

You still haven't explained how backing up is illegal on the thread. Another joke of yours?

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What the same law that was applied to Zimmerman, does not apply to the police? Maybe the officer feared for his life! He had every right to stand his ground. I don't know, if I lived in Florida I can go looking for you, cause a confrontation, and when you show a gun, I can outdraw you and shoot you dead, from what I understand. I am obviously being facetious. Where is it really different? Zimmerman was playing cops and robbers. We all know who the cop was, and who the robber was, correct? Lucky he was not African American, or we would be going through the same chit. I suppose they could have shot him because he was Caucasian.

8. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Just a little side note, there have been instances, at least one or two caught on video (one a police cam as I recall) where a policeman was seen stashing something in a citizen's car that was later "discovered" and found to be dope. That case was thrown out of court with a stinging rebuke for both the cop and the prosecutor. I don't recall that there was any mention of charges being filed or prosecuted against the dirty cop. That was maybe five or six years ago.

Here is another case that happened just this past January

Planted evidence video

9. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Everyone is Sooooo fast to judge. Sometimes things happen FAST. This happened to me about 6 years ago.
    I live very remote with a 1/2 mile long driveway.
    I have a large garage that is connected to my house and has a partition in the middle of the garage. It was between 9-10pm, dark-out I was reloading [hydros running] in the garage. The large garage doors were open, and then I thought I heard a vehicle. I came around the corner to look out the large garage door and I can see the glow of tail lights going past the door. I grabbed my SKS put it on my shoulder and clicked off the safety I am about 20ft inside the garage. I hear a car door close and in the garage door opening appears a Sheriff's Deputy. He froze and I lowered the SKS and told him I was sorry but I did not see him come in the driveway I did not know who it was. His reaction was not one of surprise, but he said I should have announced myself. I just went on to tell him that I take my personal safety seriously and with living so rural I understand how far away help is if I need it. He was enquiring about a dirt bag neighbor and wondering if I knew if he was at his camp of if I had seen him. BUT MY POINT....this happened in probably less time than it took you to read this...........What would of happened to me if the deputy had his gun out?

If this guy really had a gun pointed at the officers they had no choice. Why did the guy not look out a window or ask who was at the door?

GS

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Just from the info I've read so far the Police messed up from the start. They assumed the guy they where looking for was inside that particular apt just because his mc was parked outside. If you have ever lived in an apt you know how unreliable that is. They didn't identify themselves, their excuse was for their own safety, maybe just maybe that might be warranted if they knew their guy was in that apt but they didn't and couldn't. All kinds of std police protocol was ignored and an innocent man was killed. Did the police even have their badges out or anything when he opened the door?

What would the story be if a police officer happened to live in that apt and answered the door in his robe with his gun? He would be just as dead and the story would be way different, maybe they wouldn't find drugs after the fact but I'm sure someone would come up with some other excuse.

If the Police had handled this correctly the innocent man wouldn't be dead ...period.

11. MilCon

MilCon Member

This is what is called a wrongfull death.

And you sheep think the Cops are all that wonderfull.

Hell, they probably planted the dope to cover themselves after the fact, or at least minimulize (sp) the bad press comming there way on this one.

Like they say when seconds count, you can count them out.

What goes arround comes arround, not this year , not this decade, but it will come back arround to them.

I don't trust them , never will, never have.

12. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

MilCon you are an idiot. Must have had a few run ins with the police. Not all cops are bad, they make mistakes like everyone else. From the facts that have been given in this case, the police were WRONG!!!! Tragically so... I do not agree with the way they did things and the dead guy had every right to answer his door with a gun, but you lump EVERY Police Officer into the same group which is WRONG!!! There are plenty of hardworking, dedicated Police Officers that do it right.

As you can guess, I spent 29 years in Law Enforcement, and NEVER ONCE, did I plant any evidence or try to cover up wrong doing. I did the best I could every single day, did I make mistakes? Sure I did, not intentionally but they did happen. Every honest cop in the world hates when a bad apple turns up, because it makes us all look bad. The one's in this incident, should have to atone for what they did wrong, but that will never bring the guy back.

Oscar

13. white rattler

white rattler Member

Gun, Dope Shot the MFU Trevor Dawe.

14. MilCon

MilCon Member

Oscar Ray,JKTPHD,

Point taken,
    One point over looked,
    I hunt, when I hunt, I track,I observe and confirm my quary,I am aware of where I am and I am aware of any other animals present , human or wild. This all happens before I lift a gun to shoot.

These Cops were Hunting, acted upon "Thier Best Information" and put themselves in a position that they were not shure of thier quary, were unaware of other animals or humans in proxcimity and shot someone protecting his own home because he answered the door protecting himself.
    And now they expect the public to in effect overlook this KILLING because they found drugs. They may have been actual or they may have been planted, no way to find out now since they KILLED the wrong man.

No I am not an Idiot , I am a realist. I answer my door with a 12 gage pump and shuck it at the door, turn on the lights that will blind anyone around and then ask for more information through a cracked door while I stand out of sight of the person outside.

This has worked very well for me through the years as 7-8 people have run before the door ever opened.

The people that did not run had no problem with hearing the shuck of the shotgun and needed help, which I gladly gave.

15. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

MilCon,

I hear ya, I answer my door with my 1911 in my hand, behind my back, especially after dark and I live in a decent neighborhood. We have had a few home invasions in the area lately and my neighbors have asked good questions about what they could do if their door were kicked in. Several of my neighbors have gotten their Concealed Carry License and some instruction to go with it,wich I am glad to see. My home is MY Castle, no some Sh** bag's.

My appologies for the name calling!

Oscar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.