1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flordia Trap Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gridlock, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gridlock

gridlock Member

I will be wintering in Flordia this coming year(Jan.Feb.)Looking for clubs that are within a reasonable drive of Ft. Myers that may have reg. shoots during this time. Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The Florida trap website above should give you all the club and shoot information you need. You're about 135 miles from Markham Park in the Ft. Lauderdale area and about the same from Silver Dollar in the Tampa area. I'm sure others will have more info about more local clubs near Ft. Meyers.

Eric

3. Beretta Blue

Beretta Blue TS Member

Look at us.........We are in north central Florida. We have 5 fields. Registered shoots are on the 3rd Sat. In Nov. we are holding a belt buckle shoot with a cash prize for HAA. Hotel rates are very reasonable....Consider staying over. We have a very good background, blue sky, we throw white flyer orange dome targets. Jack

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I have shot at Port of the Islands east of Naples.

5. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Try the link above.

6. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sarasota trap and skeet is located between venice and Nokomis. They also have 5 stand and sporting clays. Close to I 75. Check their website.
    regards
    Bob

7. Damifino

Damifino Member

Hope you can read this - It is the schedule of registered shoots in FL for 2009/2010 target year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Sarasota Trap and Skeet

9. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The Silver Dollar throws registered targets every day they are open. Starting in November, they will be open every day of the week. It's where the Dixie and Southern Grands are held, as well as the Florida State Shoot. Lots of shoots starting in the middle of November through the end of March.

Nice folks, lots of traps, nice facilities.

Bob

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have spent time in Fort Myers Beach, Fort Myers, Very close to causway to Sanibel Island. When I wintered there it was necessary to travel to Sarasota,Silver Dollar to shoot ATA targets. Years ago I shot in North Fort Myers at a small club. Fort Myers is a very nice area. If you get a hotel room in Sarasota, & Tarpon Springs. Good food in Tarpon. Been there, done that.

Yours Truly: Joe Woods/Ontario/Canada

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

CP,

Your information seems to be true as Port of the Islands is NOT listed on the 2009/2010 FTA shoot schedule.

Eric

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

If you ever wanted to try Olympic Bunker trap consider gator Skeet and Trap Club in Gainesville. We shoot every Saturday morning at 10 AM Com on up and try the king of clay target games.

Tom

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

The Dixie Grand at Silver Dollar is in January. As mentioned above, Silver Dollar has a registered shoot every day in January and February. Many of these shoots are what others call "registered practice" but I like them. One hundred singles and 300 doubles is a nice relaxing day in Florida in January. I know of two orange trees on the golf side where I can get lunch every day. I like to shoot doubles in short pants in January in Florida.

Pat Ireland

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The Florida Chain shoots start in January. You can have 40 days of registered shooting between January 19-March 7th if you want to do a lot of driving.

Eric

15. gridlock

gridlock Member

A BIG Thanks to all who responded to my thread. It appears that I have numerous places to shoot. Thanks again for your help.

16. Joe Woods

I recommend Sarasota, Midnight pass , If I remember correctly.
    Or Tarpon Springs.

Joe Woods/Ontario

17. Joe Woods

Where do you go, where it does not take money. Cost money to stay home.

??? Dixie Special 25 ???

Being a Canadian, and living in a real world.
    A US dollar costs 40 % less than it did 10 yrs. ago.
    I guess we should stay home and give the money to the kids.

I have a good friend who just set up his second wife with a new home and vehicle. I loaned him a vehicle to drive to work, Til he gets his life sorted out. Know thats a good provider.
    I think we should live our life, be sensible. But live our lives, and go shooting.!!!!!!!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ontario olympic trap shooting association joe woods