1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood The Market With Shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tekyn gold, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

Would it work? I do not see very many gun clubs reclaiming shot, is there not enough people to do the job or do gun clubs not want to do it. the ATA is to big of a organiztion to let trap shooting to kept getting smaller, Just thinking out loud,

What Do You All Think????

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Good thought makes sense, I don't understand the price of lead as car sales and production are not as crisp as in years past.

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

There are not enough reclaimers, and, if there were, it would not be a flood, maybe a minor trickle. The battery companies and ammo companies use so much, it really wouldn't matter.

Great idea if it were all made into shot, but there are not enough shot makers.

Mike

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

If you look at the London Metal Exchange website, they have some industry info on lead.

Use of lead for manufacture of ammunition accounts for only 6 percent of total usage.

It's tough to flood a market with only 6 percent of anything.

Scott

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The price of lead today is $1.54 a pound. It seems like there is a lot of money to be made. HMB

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I think by mid summer we will see $2.00 a pound on the market.

We can all stop shooting,and you won't see much change.

Only way we will see a drop is if EPA backs off and China comes in and buys up the old lead mines and put them back into production.

This is what they are doing to the iron ore pits.

Bo

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Scott<br>
    There is a lot of good information on that web site. Thanks for the contact. This confirms what a lot of other posters have stated in the past. Omaha

8. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Bo, I agree with most of what you said, except about our lead mines. Most of are lead and zinc mines have long petered out. Been made into local parks. China has reduced production of lead, both mining and smelting to get the price up higher. They are not a free market. What I don't understand is so many products that lead is no longer used in and demand is not nearly as high as 50 years ago. Perhaps, manipulation...Mike

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I wonder how much money is chasing commodities for speculative purposes. I know there are lots of ETF’s and mutual funds that invest in commodities. I wonder if some of the hedge funds are speculating in commodities.

Jim Skeel

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Free trade is to blame especially when it's not free. In our contry there are around 200 million cars china has only a fraction of that but in 10 to 15 years they will have over a half a billion cars. think of all the batteries neeeded. the green people with solar power need a place to store the energy at present it's in lead batteries. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.