1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flinching - What to do now?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goosecall, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

insight, what type of flinch is he having? A trigger, or forearm flinch? If he is using a release and has forearm flinch, he could be cross firing. Does it happen more on one post, or on certain angle birds? We need a little more information. 10tenner

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I occasionally flinch with a release trigger when I do not see the bird clearly. I will run a couple of fields, have myself convinced that I am good. I get sloppy with my gun mount because I am a good shooter and I can still break birds with a poor mount. I don't concentrate on looking at the bird. I will flinch, get perturbed at myself and shoot a 22 on the field. I then remember that I am not as good as I thought I was on the previous field.

Pat Ireland

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Too slow a release can sometimes cause a release flinch. A tuneup may be necessary!!

4. old tex

old tex TS Member

Echo the too slow release - also the crossfiring possibility.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I been flinching for 2 years now, with different guns. Been holding off on the release. Been wanting to figure out why. I find I could flinch on command. I have some bad habits that I've been trying to break, ie. no follow thru, moving the gun prior to seeing it, not hard focusing on the bird etc. When I try to break anyone of those habits, I flinch. If I shoot without thinking, "mainly" no problems. I was a 16yd 24 or 25 shooter, now 22 or 23.
    Dave T.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

A heavier set weight - mine is 7 1/2 pounds helps. You don't have to consciously release the trigger, just relax your finger and the gun fires.

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I learned that grapefruit juice interferes with cholesterol medications and that I need a release trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.