1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Targets

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Virgil, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virgil

Virgil Member

0   0   0

I have a small private range with the emphasis on sporting clays. I try to provide a wide variety of targets. I am thinking about incorporating a few flash targets into my sporting clay rounds for dramatic effect. The problem is, however, two-fold. White Flyer makes such a target but it is expensive and I can't seem to find a convenient supplier for them. I think I read an article once about making your own but it has long escaped me. Can anyone address these??
    1. Supplier who might handle flash targets in Southern Indiana.
    2. How to make your own flash targets.

Thanks

Virgil

2. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

0   0   0

Virgil,

In the US White Flyer would be your only choice. Does not matter who you buy them from they are very expensive, $.30-$.40 each. A cheap way to make them is to get chalk line powder and adhesive backed dots from the office supply store. Put a bit of powder in the top of the dome and affix the dot over it. When hit they will perform well. Time consuming though.

Jack Burch
    US Olympic Training Center

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

wrap them in kitchen plastic wrap with baby powder inside.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I saw this a few years back and have tried it. Nice results.

Use chalk line powder. Different colors available.

Cut out a small circular section of newspaper. Newspaper is used as it's light weight. Add powder. Glue the edges of the paper to attach the paper to the target.

Play around with the amount of powder used...

If you set up an assembly line you can make a bunch in a short period.

5. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

0   0   0

You can screw around making your own or contact champion targets in Indiana and get what you need.

6. Virgil

Virgil Member

0   0   0

Actually kolar69, i don't mind screwing around a little to help pass the winter. Since I'm retired, I have more time than most anything else. I realize Champion targets are manufactured in Indiana; however, I do not believe they have a flash target. I believe the only company in the US that makes such a target is White Flyer. Part of my original post was to see if anyone knew of a supplier conveniently located in southern Indiana. Even if Champion did have these targets, I would be out of luck on two counts. First of all, I do not have a retail liscense and secondly, the quantity that I would want is too small for the company to deal with. I have tried this with Champion for other targets. It is possible that I might get a small quantity through a store or a gun club as a special order. Actually, I like some of the suggestions above so I will probably mess with these suggestions.

Virgil

7. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have some flash targets left from our sporting clays range I believe they are federal targets,they worked very well but are heavier and do not fly as far.Jerry

8. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

A friend makes these targets for some of our fun shoots. If you are thrown one of these targets and break it, win a prize. Here is how to make them... Fill the depression on the top of the target with one of any colors of copier toner. Cut and glue a circular piece of plastic - like from a piece of an overhead projector transparency, big enough to cover the rim around the depression. Boom! Surprise!

Chris

9. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

0   0   0

There's sporting club here on the Oregon coast that make flash targets for shoot offs. They placed caulk line powder in the hollow dome, and placed approx. sized shooting dots over the top. They work well, and fairly reasonally priced. Thanks David

10. Virgil

Virgil Member

0   0   0

I appreciate all that replied to my original post. The suggestions were helpful and practical. I realize that the process involved is a little time consuming but it is winter. Also, if they work well, I probably won't use more than a dozen or so in an afternoon. They will just be incorporated into a shooting game at one of my stations. Again thanks to those that responded. If there are other ideas/suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

Virgil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
buy flash clay targets
buy flash tarkets for trap shooting
flash clay target

flash clay targets

flash targets

flash targets for clay shooting
powder flash clay targets
white flyer flash targets