1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcouch, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcouch

tcouch Member

Has anyone successfully made any flash targets? If you don’t know what I'm talking about, Todd Bender uses them in his videos. I know white flyer sells them, but I think it would be fun to make them.

Tim

2. tcouch

tcouch Member

Has anyone successfully made any flash targets? If you don’t know what I'm talking about, Todd Bender uses them in his videos. I know white flyer sells them, but I think it would be fun to make them.

Tim

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Tim,

I have made them using chalk line chalk. Fill the top and tape them off with duct tape.

Ron Burdick

4. dblell

dblell Member

For a cheaper version just use flour. Cut a paper disk the size of the dome on the top of the target and use school glue to glue the paper disk on top of the target after you have filled the depressed part of the dome with flour.

5. Virgil

Virgil Member

I was asking the same question about a year ago. There were a couple of threads created with numerous posts at that time including mine. If you do a search on this site for "Olympic colored targets" or "Create your own flash targets", I think you will get an answer to your question although it won't be much different from what has already been posted. Good luck with your endeavor.

Virgil

6. 85TTR

85TTR Member

New Shooters think there the best and add to the fun of are sport. I love to make them and it's easy.

If you have White birds use them for this as they catch your eye on the way out and add to the fun because you no when hit the color burst will have fellow shooters wanting there chance at one. Good luck.

1. Cut some round circles the size of the top ring of the bird out of copy paper.

2. Pour some Carpanters glue on an old magazine cover.

3. Hold the bird upside down and twist it in the glue.

4. Put the bird right side up on the table.

5. Add a Table spoon of (Whatever color carpanters chalk you like) into the top of the bird and make sure it is level.

6. Put paper circle over that and run your finger around to set it in glue.

Let dry a day and off you go. Paul

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Video

http://youtu.be/-BxabaGe9P8

8. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Go to a art store and get a jar of powdered tempra water color paint. They use it in schools for finger painting, it comes in many colors. Red is great and so is purple or yellow. Baby powder at the dollar store is great for white. Use CONTACT CEMENT. All you need is a small bottle with the brush inside.

With a small plastic spoon fill each top indent with colored paint. Fill all the targets first, now paint the edges with the contact cement and put aside fill all the targets.

Now paint the edges of the papers disks, you need not be to careful just be sure to cover at least 3/8" in.
    I found that the contact cement holds better then the water based glue and is dry in on time.

You can also fill the top with feathers or confette. Old goose down from a coat or blanket works great.

We shoot them at our club all the time and the shooters love them.

PS, to cut the disks find a drinking glass the size of the top and push it down on an old magazine and trace around it with a pen , pull out 8 or 10 pages and cut them all at the same time.

Bernie K

9. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

I used powdered garden lime. That way you can kill two birds with one shell. Great cloud of white dust and good for the grass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.