1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***FLARE PISTOL VALUE***

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bvr Tail, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

While going through some of my Uncles things with my Cousin, we came across a 2-barreled Flare Pistol in the original holster that he brought back from Japan after the war..

Some research has shown it to be a Japanese type 90 made for the Imperial Navy sometime between 1930, and 1945, possibly a Nambu from the Kayaba Manufacturing plant.

It has markings on the top of the barrels of the Co. logo, a cherry blossom, an inspection mark within a circle, and finally a stamped anchor

I did not think to write down the serial no., but I'm sure it is all original.

It is in very good condition, and works properly, but my male Cousin painted his name on the backside of the holster.

I believe this could easily be removed.

Does anyone have any idea of the value of this flare pistol.

Any help is appreciated

Danny B

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Do a Google search on it and you will find something.

3. Bvr Tail

Searched GOOGLE, but found little about value, plus I need to get ser. no..

Any help?

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

According to previous sales on Google of this particular gun, if it is indeed a Type 90 Flare gun the asking price seems to be in the range of $800-$1550. Note I said "Asking" price. I did not personally see any "Sold" for comparison. Of course as with all guns, condition is everything. it also seems there were both (2) barrel and (3) barrel versions. With some guns, having the accessories such as the holster made for the gun can add to the value as they often got separated.

5. Bvr Tail

Thanks guys, I'm learning more every day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

japanese type 90 flare pistol value