1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flagler (Florida) Shoot Photos

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

A few photos from the Flagler Gun & Archery Club ATA trap shoot.

I attended on Friday and dropped by on Saturday.

http://losttarget.powweb.com//2008/flagler/

2. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

Very nice slideshow -- weather looked very nice as well. Thanks for posting.

3. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Where in the state is the club located??

4. Joe Potosky

In regard to the old club. I'm just a visitor down here.

I'm aware of two in the region that closed for whatever reason. If Flagler is the club (Bunnell) your talking about, they lost the lease at there old property. The loss of lease was rather sudden and it took great effort to make the move. In the long run probable the best thing that happened, as the club also offers skeet, sporting clays, 5-stand, archery, rifle and pistol. They own the property.

You also have a club that closed, I think at New Smyrna Beach (or in that area), but it has recently re-opened west of town with one operational trap field and a skeet field that just opened a few weeks back. From my readings they have been approved for two trap fields and two skeet fields. On county property next to a police shooting range. Sometime in the next month I will be paying a visit and take a few photos and post to my web site.

As long as I'm at it. Palatka (a seven field skeet club) will be activating a trap field sometime in 2008 (an old field being placed back on line). A nice bonus for the area, as they charge $3.50 a round and $40 a year membership. May be the cheapest rates in Northeast Florida.

Amelia Shotgun Sports just 20 minutes north of the Jacksonville club will have two combination trap & skeet fields going on line sometime this month. The last time I was there they had the buildings up, but the pads had not been poured. If they are operational on my next visit I will take a few photos for posting on my site. This is a sporting clays club.

--------

As the location of the Flagler club, northwest of Daytona. West of the Palm Coast region.

Something I put up for those who shoot in this part of the state. Maps and web sites.

http://www.losttarget.com/neflorida.htm

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Jack K or someone from Flagler, will you be open on Friday Feb 15. I'll be in town for the "500" and since the Truck race is at night it might be a good destraction for the day to come by and shoot. Let me know and I'll bring a gun.

Scott

6. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Joe,

Enjoyed the pictures. That looks like my kind of club, small, out in the country - kind of a family affair. Thanks.

Blue

7. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

When I first came hone after retirement there was a trap and skeet field in the County fair grounds in Bunnel. Joe Maszk may have been involved there. I shoot skeet with Joe at Palatka and other clubs around the country. At that time the trap field in Bunnell was run by Doc. Thompson. I went there from Palatka because Palatka had closed up thier trap field. I'm sure glad to hear that Palatka is opening another Trap field. Don Kerce

8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

The pictures are very good and no snow!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

9. al391

al391 TS Member

Scott, I'll open on Friday so you can shoot, bring friends. Please call and confirm 386-252-6878.

To all who participated in our "open house shoot" a big thank you.
    Bob Anastazi broke the first registered target on our new fields..........Henry Valentine had the first registered "lost" target....OUCH.

Thank you Markham Park for loaning us 2 canterbery systems. (ours had not arrived)

Joe Potosky, thank you for the photo display and online review. A special thanks to the Chicks for all around help and especially his dear wife for jumping in and helping with the food on Saturday....THANK YOU!!!

Flagler has put in a lot of effort to make this club one of the best all around shooting clubs in cetral Florida. The Florida Chain will have Flagler on it's schedule next year.

Jack

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Joe and al391- I've been staying at Beverly Beach camptown in Beverly Beach when I (we) come down for the Daytona Bike week for 15-20 yrs. I've looked for this trap club many times but never found it. I was hoping to get to shoot there sometime when I'm down there. Maybe 2009 the Chain dates will coincide with bike week. This year I have to go all the way down to the Silver Dollar (not that I'm complaining much, it'll be a nice ride). Anyway I can't wait to get into the sun, ride, shoot and blow some cobwebs and snowdrifts out of me. I'll tryu and look you up when I get down there and do some warm up for the SD. Sincerely.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Jack, thanks for the offer to open. I will start to see how many I can get together. Could be 3 to 6.

12. Beretta Blue

Beretta Blue TS Member

JB

Come shoot with us at Flagler when you come to town in March for bike week.

We have a registered shoot on the 15th. Practice rounds on ATA days are $4.00...Non ATA days it's $6.00.

Call and let us know when you'll be there......Ridin and shootin.....Sounds like a plan.

Daytona speed weeks is here, racin and shootin......We can do the second part, join us.

Jack 386-252-6878.

13. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Jack, the 15th of Feb. or March? Now that I think of it Feb. will be too early and Mar. will be too late. I'm leaving Ohio on Feb. 29 arriving Beverly Beach, Sat. Mar.1. Will be there until (probably) Sat./Sun. Mar. 9/10. You guys doing any registered that week? I'll probably find the gun club whether you're shooting or not. Need to locate grounds for future reference! Hope this works out.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

14. Joe Potosky

RE: Need to locate grounds for future reference

Google Map showing club location.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=708+CR-90,+Bunnell,+FL+32110&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

The club also has direction posted.

http://www.flaglergunclub.com/directions.html

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Joe, is Amelia Shotgun Sports open to the public. If so, can you give an address. Thanks Jackie B.

16. Joe Potosky

RE: Amelia Shotgun Sports

I sent you an email.

17. Beretta Blue

Beretta Blue TS Member

The next registered shoot is Feb. 16. Flagler gernerally shoots the 3rd Saturday of the month. The March shoot is on the 15th.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jb maszk 2002 obituary bunnell florida

jb maszk obituries
maszk bunnell fl