1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Flag étiquette?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

maybe someone needs to do some studying.......

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

How is this relevant to ts.com??????

The site says ""apparent"". Unless you can do the measurements by looking at a picture your not even sure it is above the US flag.

Why is the Canadian flag at full mast? Even if it isn't required to be at half mast when the US flag is then shouldn't even raised at all.

Another question is...When are you ever going to post something related to trapshooting??????

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Uh... isn't this the OT Section? What's the problem?

Pat

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Unless you can do the measurements by looking at a picture your not even sure it is above the US flag."

Likes to shoot The flags are on the same flag pole. What would you measure If it looks high on the same flag pole it is awful hard to not be above the US flag wouldn't you say????

Bob Lawless

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

lts,,,,,when are you going to stop supporting unions lock-step,,,,,,This is America and when someone does not post the flag correctly, I will bring it to peoples attention,,,,,,,maybe you should call the union and let them know that it is wrong.......

6. likes-to-shoot

dog......So if your going to be the flag etiquette czar why didn't you post anything about the Canadian flag flying at full mast?

Or is it just union hatred your interested in again?????

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Like To Shoot, this is an OFF TOPIC SECTION. In others words we can talk about anything we want to. You don't like threads like this then don't come down here to the OFF TOPIC SECTION and start opening threads. Simple isn't it. Stop opening non trapshooting threads and you will not make a fool out of yourself.

The flag is flown wrong. To me I would take down the Canadan flag and which the other two so the USA flag is above the union flag.

8. Auctioneer

USA flag first, state flag second and what ever third.

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Likestoshoot, if you read the article it states that your, notice I said your as you seem to claim it, flag was higher. Just repeating what I read. Jackie B.

10. likes-to-shoot

Auctioneer.....You say you can post what ever topic you want but I'm not supposed to respond if I don't agree.......You keep chewing on the pile of shit your spewing and see if you can figure out how I feel about you butting in!!!!!!!!

11. likes-to-shoot

"A photo depicting what..... appears .......to be the Teamsters Union flag improperly flying above the American flag outside the union’s D.C. headquarters on Tuesday was sent to TheBlaze,"

Shooting Jack........ as I read the article I keyed in on the word...appears... and took it that there might be another pole directly in line with the one in question when the photo was taken .....By the way I'm not a teamster....but if you was to recall most of the OP's posts you would see they are anti-union...

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The decision to fly the union flag above the U.S. one seems a clear violation the United States Flag Code. Section “c” of the code states:

As copied from the article. Jackie B.

13. likes-to-shoot

I agree Jack...and I fly mine 24/7 according to the rules......look real close at the picture....if the two flags were flying that close together why arn't the upper left of the American flag and the lower left of the union flag closer in alignment? I don't think there would be that big of a kink in the rope.

14. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

That looks to me to be two flags hoisted on different halyards. The union flag seems to be on a tight halyard, and the US flag on a looser one, as evidenced by the distance off the pole, when compared to the union flag. I think this is just someone not knowing what flag etiquette requires, not some obscure union plot.

15. Auctioneer

Like To Shoot, as far an I'm concerned you do nothing but bitch like an old woman. Also what do you do for the flag you say you fly 24 hour aday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.