1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FL Gov Kicked Welfare Group in The Gut. YEAH

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

A friend who lives in Fl said that Fl Gov did sign the bill to make welfare people take drug tests. If you fail the test you have to wait 1 year and or take a drug course before getting back on welfare. If you fail a second time you have to wait 3 years to get back on and take a drug course. If your dirty you don't get a check.

I just hope the other 49 states take notice and do the same. GOOD FOR FL GOV.

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Are drugs served in the course? How long does it take for the drugs served in the course to wear off? Is the second test given after the course or does taking the course get you (me) back on welfare?

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The ACLU has already entered the fray on behalf of the welfare recipients. I don't recall them getting involved when drug tests became mandatory for job seekers.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some group is claiming that the tests are useless because they show only 3% of welfare recipients test dirty. Either they're lying or the program is an overwhelming success already.

7. cnsane

cnsane Member

Lemme see here-- Govt. program and overwhelming success in the same sentence. Yeah,, that's probably the gist of it. How 'bout telling the welfarees they can't have cigarettes and alcohol either. Because they are both drugs and neither one should be bought with my tax dollars.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Definitely a step in the right direction.

The lawyers can argue all they want but usually the recipient doesn't make the rules. Any judge who supports the "right" for someone to use illegal drugs is opening a huge can of worms.

HM

9. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

Here in WI you cannot buy smokes, alcohol or energy drinks with your welfare money.

10. over/under

over/under Member

Attaboy Rick Scott! Only 3% failing the test, but maybe how many are not taking it? I think applicant must also may for the test, but will get reimbursed if they pass it.

11. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

Dont worry, the stores in the "hood" manage to fudge the sales so they get the stuff they want. How do you think they stay in business?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.