1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing scratches and dings. How?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by samme_no2, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

I wear those metal bracelets that are supposedto help with arthritis, and when I carry my gun I get dings and scratches on the adjustible comb, and want to know how to get them out. The gun is a Browning XT O/U with a hi gloss finish. Please dont punish me for the bracelets, just help me get rid of the scratches. Harry

2. billn

billn Member

I have the same probablem, I got my scratches from I think the zipper on my jacket maybe??

The same gun, the scratches are just past the checkering on the pistol grip, they are white in color, so the finish I think has come up from the wood. I tried to remove one with a fine pointed awl and put clear epoxie on it, but it didn't look any better than what was there.

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

What happens if you dampen your finger and rub across the scratches, moistening them? Do they nearly disappear?

Rollin

4. billn

billn Member

The scratches stay there when you wet them with water, I have tried to use Old English and that doesn't do anything either. The place I repaired is a little dark but doesn't stand out like the white looking scratch.

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Try a very fine steel wool pad 000 or 0000 rub it lightly then apply stock wax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.