1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixed or adj. rib for Dbls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by glenn mcleod, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Purchased a MX2000 with only the 34" unsingle (originally came that way, has 5 notches), do have the dbl release trigger and would like to try dbls with it and would I be better off with a fixed rib (assuming I can find one that matches up with the unsingle) or should I just get the adjustible o/u barrel? Advantages and disadvantages appreciated. Do they make a fixed rib dbl barrel specifically for this model?Will the MX 8 barrel rib be high enough? Glenn

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You need a barrel that fits your style of shooting doubles. Most doubles shooters need a barrel that shoots high on the first shot and flat on the second shot.
    The best thing to do is to find a few used barrels for sale and try them before you buy. If your lucky you will find one that works for you. HMB

4. victoria K

victoria K Member

Have you ever considered an add-on rib; we can do them in different heights and pitch, even in a tapered width to match your existing rib. If you ever decide to sell the gun you can remove the add-on rib and your back to where you started. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to give me a call at 661-703-1865

Vicki Keen
    Keensights

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Glenn, I prefer adjustable rib barrels for everything. No, there is no barrel that Perazzi makes that will match that rib. Here are some options that will work.

First, find a set of 34" MX-8 ramp rib trap O/U barrels and use them as is. There is only a very slight mismatch in rib heights.

Second: find 34" MX-8 barrels and have Vicki make you an adjustable add-on rib for them. Coordinate with her first to see what is the thinnest adj rib she can make. It is likely you will have to buy Sporting barrels with the low rib to give here enough room for her rib.

Third: find a set of 32" MX-8 barrels, trap or sporting and have Vicki make you a tapered rib to match the same POI you have your longer, un-single set for.

These three options are the best if you like your doubles barrels to shoot to the same place as your un-single barrel.

If you don't mind fussing with the comb every time you change barrels, try a 32" (31.5" actual) MX-8 trap rib barrel. However, if you like a high shooting gun, this will drive you nuts.

6. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Glenn...

I would concur with zzt... I think if a gun doesn't "shoot where you look", having the tools to manipulate it to do so is a key attribute....

I can't speak for the Keensights, but would consider it for a fixed rib gun, if I wanted to alter the POI/view down the barrel...

Just don't fall into the pit of adjusting your gun upon missing occasionally... I am awfully certain that when I miss its my fault not the gun's...

LWL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.