1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixed choke, rib, & comb ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Any one gone back from screw-in chokes, adjustable-ribs, and adjustable-combs to shooting a fixed choke, fixed rib, non-adjustable stock ?

If so, what are your observations or comments after the return to utter simplicity ?

2. dls guide

dls guide Member

That would be just fine if the gun fits you and it shoots to where you are looking. That is why I like adjustable combs, ribs and chokes.

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Unlike shotgun porting, which on a single barrel is just useless fluff, adjustability on a shotgun serves a very good purpose. I would imagine that there are some people that would not need a gun to be edjustable in rib, comb,choke and butt plate. I would not be one of those people. The gun that I shoot presently is adjustable in all of those areas, and since having it fitted, I shoot it better than any other gun that I have owned. I know good shooters that have gone back to non adjustable guns, for the reason:"tired of fiddling with them". I think that you have to find the place where the gun feels best to you and then leave it alone. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.