1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix my BT 99 in Central California?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Can some one recommend somebody who can fix my ejector in my old BT99 here in central California? I might even be interested in having it reblued if the price was right. I know there are a bunch of great gun smiths I could ship it to but I would rather just get it fixed locally if possible. Thanks Huntinandhotrods

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Jerry White at Easley's maybe able to get it done.

Hell Dwayne, give it to me I can change your ejector for you.

Bryan

3. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Bryan - I was thinking about tearing it apart my self and seeing if I could fix it. It doesn't eject and sometimes it seems like it is binding up after you shoot it and try to open it. I bought the gun real cheap last week at the pot shoots we were at from a friend who needed the money. I am so busy I was just thinking it would be easy to just drop it off and get it fixed with out having to mess with it. They canceled the Thanksgiving shoot at Kern County so what is the next shoot you are going to and maybe we can tear it apart together and at least see what the problem is and what part I would need to order.

4. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Stockman - Please PM me your number and a good time to call so I can discuss with you.

Thanks Dwayne

5. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

I tore it a part this morning and found that the ejector rod was bent and was rubbing on the rest of the action. I took the rod and straighten it in a vise and put it back in. I shot it all day today at the pot shoots and it worked great. I will order a new ejector rod for the next time it bends again. Glad it was something simply.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

That's what was wrong with my BT100. I replaced the hammer spring with another's kit and the spring was way too heavy. I ended up with replacing it with an OEM spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.