1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix a Stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BP348, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BP348

BP348 Active Member

The stock on my friends dove gun was accidentally broken by his son. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to replacing the stock? Or a store that can sell a replacement stock? Not looking for anything really fancy.

It's a 12 GA O/U Verona

Thanks

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Contacting the manufacturer might not be too easy. These were some of the "branded" imports from overseas. Gander Mountain did some service work for them and you could check with Gun Parts Corp in West Hurley NY (link above). They don't list the Verona, but they might know who actually made it. I doubt you'd find one in a "store". If it's not too bad, it may be repairable. It would also help to have the model number and other details handy. Maybe if you post a few pictures of the damage, someone might be able to advise you if it's worth trying to fix. You could also have a custom stock made, but it would probably cost way more than the gun is worth.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I agree with Quack. Fix the stock rather than replace it if you have all of the parts. It is not real difficult to put several broken pieces of wood back together.

Pat Ireland

4. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I'll ask him for pictures & the model. I can't remember the model off the top of my head.

Fix it?? Just glue it together?

From what I understand his daughter accidently backed over it or some how the spare got dropped on it & cracked the stock in half.

5. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Talk to Ed Haley, P.O. Box 94, 69906 Blue Sky Road, Plymouth, WA 99346. Sorry, but I misplaced his phone #. He repaired a stock for me that was broken into 2 pieces. Excellent work. Larry Evans

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Rico-12

You'd be surprised how well some people can repair a broken stock. I'm just an amateur and I've done some decent repairs. The experts can sometimes work miracles. It's not an Elmer's and Gorilla Glue job. There are some decent adhesives and techniques that make it pretty simple sometimes. There are a lot of "stock" people that post here.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Contact Ed Yancock a ts poster here. He is excellent at this type of repair. I imagine he is shooting this weekend at Elysburg and I'll get his phone number from the wife and post later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.