Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitting barrel to 682

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mr.mark 
#1 ·
I have appreciated all the help I have received from TS.com posters in the past, and now have a new problem to solve.

I have a used set of barrels I recently acquired for a 682 that lock up to the gun and the top lever comes almost to the middle, (the same spot it does with the original barrels.) So no problem there, but the forearm won't quite latch and lacks about 1/4" on the latch lever to go completely flush with the forearm and lock up to the lug on bottom of barrel.

My questions is, do I simply file the underlug on the barrel to make the forearm latch lock to it correctly? It seems like the simple fix, but figured I would give it a go on Trapshooters before getting out the file.

Also, the ejectors, the bottom ejector is timed correctly and pops at the instant the gun becomes completely broke open. The top ejector requires you to go to this point and then slightly start to close the barrels before it ejects the shell. What part do I file to get this to work properly and how do I take the ejector off to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Mr. Mark

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.