1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitting barrel on Beretta 682

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I am just curious, I see lots of threads selling barrels which makes me wonder how difficult it is to fit a non-original barrel to a receiver. Seems to me there would be a lot of hand fitting best left to a smith that has had a lot of experience and knows what he is doing. Thanks, gyrine

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The nice thing about 682's is it a pretty simple ordeal to fit a set of barrels. The only barrels I've ever had to fit were new ones. I have one receiver that has had 7 barrels on it with zero fitting/timing issues.

ss

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

My experaince has been that a new barrel that has never been matched to a reciever will need to be fitted typically a good gunsmith can perform this in a few minutes.

Ron

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

You don't know until you try. My 682 has six sets and none have required professional fitting.

5. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

I bought a new 20 gauge barrel. It would not fit on either of my 682 receivers. Pat (Pat's Gunsmithing in Wells, MN) did a great job of fitting and it fits both receivers. It definitely needed fitting. Cost $150 and took him several hours.

6. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a set of 32" barrels for my 682 Sporting. They would not fit as received. I sent the receiver, barrels and forend to Cole's. It cost $75 to have the barrels and forend fitted. Cole's is hard to beat when it comes to Beretta shotguns.
    Fred Wiedemann

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

they usually fit......until they don't,.......I have several, but every once in awhile one fits funny, before you start fitting, look for burrs, nicks, anything that can be in the way, if it dosen't fit ask for info before you take any metal off.

so easy.........a cave man could do it!!!

tony

8. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I also had a great experience with Cole's. I bought a set of 20 gauge barrels from Mike Battista for my 12 gauge gun, and Cole's charged me $150 to fit them and install a white center bead. I was only without the gun for two weeks and 8 days of that was shipping time (UPS Ground). They did a great job of fitting. ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 682 with several barrels

beretta barrel fitting

cost to smith fit beretta barrel

do beretta barrel need fitting by gunsmith

fitting a trap barrel to beretta 682

fitting beretta 682 barrell

how to change barrels on beretta 682