1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitting a 682 barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by t901, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t901

t901 Member

I got a un-single for my 682e, the barrel was used. It seem to fit correctly on the gun but when I put the forearm on the release lever would not close all of the way on the forearm wood. Is this something I can fix or do I need to send it to a smith.
    Thanks Todd

2. t901

t901 Member

If I did need it fitted, the closest smith is Bachelder in Grand Rapids Michigan. Has anybody ever used him.
    Thanks Todd

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

They are great people and do very nice work. Have used them several times and they did everything they said they would do and did it well. I would highly rec. I trusted them with a couple Model 21 Winchesters if that tells you anything.

4. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Send it to a smithy, they will time the ejectors also.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I believe the surface that needs to be lightly relieved is the rear of the forend lug. File a very little at a time.

6. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Remove the iron from the forearm wood. If the latch will close without the wood assembled than the interference is with the wood. If it will not close than the lug may need to be fitted. If your interference is wood related you may be able to shim under the iron and obtain a satisfactory fit. Keep in mind that any changes you make for the single barrel make affect the fit on your double barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.