1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fit/recoil implications

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tsosin, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

currently shooting a XT O/U with an adjustable comb and adjustable kickease butt plate. The gun fits perfectly and has no recoil with most loads. Today I shot a used KX-5 and ran a straight the first round. The KX has a perfect sight picture for me but I felt that the LOP was a bit long. At the end of four rounds I had a great score but some soreness in the chest.

I've read some older threads where some have questioned the recoil of the KX-5. It really didn't feel like a lot of recoil to me, so was it maybe the longer stock setting up in an area not accustomed to recoil?

2. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

When mounting the gun, do it in very slow motion. If the toe of the gun is touching first, you have answered your own question. Chest pain is not related to LOP.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Too short or too long, one is almost as bad as the other. One is hard on the nose, the other bunches the shoulder muscles when having to stretch to reach the trigger. Both bad choices. Hap

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

If you're trolling for free advice from Rollin, be advised, he's probably at the Grand in Sparta right now, with a trailer full of guns serving a long line of cust....

(zzsnort!...sorry, I just couldn't keep a straight face anymore...)

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

LOP is the least important measurement- most people have an inch range

The other measurements-- grip angle- thickness- heel angle and thickness, cast on or off, pad angle on or off -- height of comb and angle to bore -- grip lenth etc etc etc are all important and to a degree affect what your ideal lop is and how you will react to recoil

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.