1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fishing Shirt for Shooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Man, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man

Old Man TS Member

Hi

Sunscreen lotion and I don't get along too well. A non-shooting friend suggested wearing fishing shirt (long sleeves) when shooting. Any comments?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I say go for it!!! You have to cover up from the sun some how!!! I like the one's with the opening in the top of the back. It helps let in the air. They make-em in long sleeve. Nice cool material to wear as well. Good Luck. And Break-em all. Jeff

3. C H S

C H S TS Member

Don't waste money on clothes with UV protection that will wash out. The web site I posted above is to a company developed by a skin doctor who came down with skin cancer. Their clothes are the standard of the industry. Protection is in the cloth, not in a coating. I wear their shirts and pants all the time when I shoot. Light weight and cool with great protection. It ain't the cheapest stuff around but it's well made and easy to care for; a nasty sun burn will cost a lot more.

Andy

4. Alamo

Alamo Member

Most fishing shirts have two big pockets. Easy for gun to hang up on when mounting it. Tee shirts don't provide sun screening or looks but sure work well.

5. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>"Tee shirts don't provide sun screening or looks but sure work well."</I>

The "Wick Tech" line of shirts have comfortable short sleeve and long sleeve t-shirts that deal well with sweat AND provide spf 30 sun screening. And they're damned comfortable to shoot in.

Andy

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Wear a toto as far as anyone care's. Why even ask such a question?

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hey Garg, toto?

Isn't that the little dog in the Wizard of Oz?

8. C H S

C H S TS Member

Do you suppose he means "tutu"?

I guess he still hasn't gotten ahold of the concept that most people ask questions because they want to know something!

Andy

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got some shorts that must be "fishing shorts" because they got a fly on them and I wear them for shooting all the time, no problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. teleskier

teleskier Member

I have three of the Cabela's fishing shirts with the vented mesh back. It is "caped" like other brands of fishing shirts for ventilation. The Cabela's shirts are $19. Can't beat them. Pockets are not an issue. Mike

11. Old Man

Old Man TS Member

Hi Guys

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on fishing shirts. Looks like they can protect me from the sun and also keep me cool. Will visit Dick's soon to get some.

Thanks again for your replies.

Tom

12. joshif

joshif TS Member

You can't wear a fishing shirt for shooting. Plus you can't wear a hunting shirt for golf. Or a golfing shirt for shooting. What will the women say? "Oh look, That guy has a fishing shirt and he's shooting.Oh, Gast. That's not the "style". And Miss Prissy says, "Oh, he must be a Skeeter or worse, a Sporting shooter"! Certainly NOT a Member or "OUR" Club! Oh,my so true Gwinneth. Lets, casual over to the baaathhh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.