1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fishing at the grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Go Fish, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Does anyone plan on doing any fishing while at the grand? What kind of fishing gear, rods, reels, baits etc. does a person need? Also how much does a fish license is required? Can you fish from shore?

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I plan on fishing. I have no idea what they maybe stocked with. I will be bringing light, med., and semi heavy equip. Besides lures and sponge bait, I will probably just catch my live bait there. No idea on license either as I figure for what I'm spending on the trip that it really doesn't matter.

If your short on something don't worry as I will probably have it along and your welcome to use it if I'm not.

What do you like to fish for?

3. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I plan on fishing and have been told that one of the lakes has been planted with trout and the other has a good supply of bass and catfish.The license, I have been told for a non-resident is $13.00,its like a 10 day license.Hope this info helps....Hugo "Moe " Rinke

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

While not allowed (found out after the fact), I have fished since the first year. I've caught lge. mouths, white bass, crappie & nice blue gills. While at the U S Open, there were some rainbows stocked. BRING TICK REPELLANT. Went this Sat. & too hot. No action.

5. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

Hey pheasantmaster,

Look me up when I get there and let's go fishing one night. I've only gained a couple hundred pounds, but I will be with my daughter so should be easy to find. Look forward to seeing you again.

6. Ethan Pierce

Ethan Pierce TS Member

I'm from Sparta and it mostly has bass and some of the lakes r very hard to bank fish. They also have good bluegill and crappie. Good Luck

7. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Can a person use a boat?..I have a porta boat I could bring?

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They,ve built concrete boat ramps and plenty of boat trailer parking. It's very nice.

Typical midwestern mix of fish. Bass, Bluegill, Channel Catfish and Crappie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.