1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ FISHING AT SPARTA.. DURING GRAND?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd suggest checking the IDNR website...

2. joshif

joshif TS Member

I'd bet that you won't be allowed to use lead sinkers LOL or eat the fish. There's that bad old lead nearby from those bad shooters that would infiltrate the ponds and make the fish lead bearing! A 12" Crappie might weigh 8# or more and taste like your sinker.

3. Dan Woods

Dan Woods TS Member

There is still a big sign at the front gate that says "NO FISHING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" It doesn't look like they have done much work around the banks of the lakes yet. That was the main concern they seemed to have, the banks were too steep and they didn't want anyone falling in the lakes. The last time I was there was the briley skeet shoot 2 weeks ago.

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Unless the lead is actually eaten by the fish there is no way that lead can enter into the fish's muscles. Lead is not water soluable.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Contact info for the WSRC:

Contact us either by calling 618/295-2700 or e-mail: dnr.worldshooting@illinois.gov

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I live close to Sparta and noticed the signs right after they were posted so the next time I saw a DNR Game Warden I asked his repsponce was this in a nutshell.

1. The biologists have given the O.K. to fish.
    2. The state has determined that there is not enough SAFE access to the ponds. 3. There is a fear that is someone where to fall in he or she would not be able to get back out. The ponds are quite deep.

So until the state makes access improvments I.E. fishing docks and ramps for boats fishing will be not allowed on the facility.

Ronbo

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Excuse me but it is the WSC not the WFC ... geez ... btw which choke and what size shot do you use when you go fishing?

8. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Lake Baldwin is very near the WSRC and has public fishing if you are so inclined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.