1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiscal Blame - Don't Fall For It

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Whatever happens, remember this:

Every single Democrat and every single Republican in Congress -- including the dirtbags YOU voted for -- has known about the debt problem and the deficit problem for at least 30 months (whether they were in office or not). And they've known about the fiscal cliff for 16 months.

As our economic, moral, and cultural values have deteriorated, every single person who represents you in Congress has witnessed Spain, Greece and California go right down the very same toilet, serving as God-given fair-warning of exactly what would happen if American politicians kept failing to do their jobs.

Yet, what have they done about it? What have ANY of them really done, except bicker like children and remain on the gravy train?

So before you start blaming "the other side" when the sh!t hits the fan, ask yourself whether perhaps they are ALL... the other side.

-Gary

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There have been numerous budgets sent to the Senate by the House. Most never made it to the floor, maybe one. The Senate hasn't made an attempt to face reality.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

And remember...it didn't even become the "subject du jour," until the Tea Party wave in 2010.

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Setterman , please tell us why no budget moves through the Senate.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Johnny: May I answer?

No budget moves through the Senate because they have no financial incentive to pass one. Also, being fiscally responsible directly conflicts with the social agenda of a majority of Senators. Plus there are zero immediate consequences personally suffered for failing us. Look at last Tuesday -- the Democrats, who have inarguably accomplished nothing with respect to our financial situation, actually GAINED seats. Few consequences for Republicans either. So, as long as they dig in their heels and maintian bickering as their primary focus, they get to shamelessly remain on the gravy train of salary, prestige, pay-offs and lavish perks.

Think about it -- What if you had a job where there was zero incentive to do what's in the best financial interest of your employer and, the worse job you did, the harder it was for them to get rid of you? That is precisely what we have allowed to become the situation in Washington.

And that's OUR FAULT.

-Gary

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

Politicians will never vote for budget cuts because if they do, they will not get reelected. The only way out of this mess is to default on our debt just like Iceland did. Then end the Fed and the IRS. Go back to a new currency backed by gold. Put Glass Stengal back in place. Stop fractionalized banking practices. Cut our government by half. Then we might get our country back.

Jim

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Gary, Jim,

thank You

As long as we have two parties they will party in washington!

I pray I wrong about the coming years.

Al

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    buzz-gun, quote: <i>"And remember...it didn't even become the "subject du jour," until the Tea Party wave in 2010."</i>

This was one of the major reason for the denigration of, and vicious attacks on, the tea party. The left did not want any of their gimmie programs cut and in fact wants unchecked spending increases, and the right did not have the nads to fight this battle. Better to ignore irresponsible spending like a whore in the parlor.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

otnot: he never said anything about budget CUTS. He just said budget. Our Congress can't even agree on an irresponsible budget.

-Gary

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Instead of agreeing that income needs to be raised and spending cuts need to be done simultaneously, they argue about which is done because they will not allow any adjustments if it is against their individual political backers, and supporters. While I understand that's what gets you elected, it also causes nothing to get done. THERE MUST BE COMPROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They all know that if they give an inch they will not be re-elected. That in itself is sad. They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. If they don't compromise or sacrifice something, at least they can just blame it on the other party, and still get re-elected. Politics in general are destroying this country. Not any particular party! Blaming the other party accomplishes absolutely nothing. So, that's what we end up with. Of course, not accepting at least partial blame, does the same thing.

Politics in this country have become, all about hoping that the other party in power fails, so that the other party can blame them, and take over in power. 90% of the ads where negative in this political election. What does that say about this country, and it's political system. It is set up for failure, because that is what the opposition is hoping for!

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Maybe the solution is to go over the cliff?

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This fiscal cliff thing isn't going mess up the Super Bowl is it?? I'll still be able to have my big screen, chicken wings, pizza, beer, chips, etc.....

That's the only thing I care about.

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Finally - an honest modern day American reveals himself, LOL. I'll pay your welfare anytime.

-Gary

14. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I just dont understand the senate. Looking at the election map. Two senators per state, with all the red states, why dont we own the senate? Are the red states not as conservative as the polls would have us beleive? Just wondering

Bob

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There are Conservative, Moderate and Liberals in all parties.

A Liberal Republican in one State might be considered a Conservative Democrat in another.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

A Liberal Republican?

A Conservative Democrat?

No such animals. Moderates exist on both sides, but let's be honest -- that's as far as they overlap.

-Gary

17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Sorry GW, but you are wrong.

google "Liberal Republican Senators"

There are political groups that rate elected officials based on their performance, not their claims.

Party affiliation does not guarantee behavior.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Johnny, I've waited for answers. I see you were a lot of help too.

Answer: The Dems have the majority in the Senate. The majority (Dems) do not want the Repubs taking credit for a successful budget, nor do they (the Dems) want to be responsible for cuts that put financial pressure on their entitlement base. Thus a stalemate...no movement.

Party before country. Power over common sense.

I say drive this puppy over the fiscal cliff. Obama owns it.

19. newbbs

newbbs Member

Please tell us why a budget hasn't passed the Senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.