1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First Timer Attending The Grand American

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lefty1960, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lefty1960

Lefty1960 Member

For a first timer attending the Grand American, what is the best week to go? I am going for the experience and to see what it's all about and do a little shooting. I have never shot a registered target but enjoy trap shooting and feel I owe it to myself to attend the Grand.

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters to anyone but you. We went for a coupe of days during preliminary week a couple years ago and had a good time. It would have been fun to see all the good shooters shooting off for the prizes as well.

3. happy

happy Member

If you shoot all 3 events and want to shoot 300 each day go prelim days. If you want less shooting per day in a bigger win win value shoot grand week. Either is fun. Some times the prelim can wear you down with the heat and longer shooting days but some think all targets both weeks are not enough. Have fun, don't listen to the gloom sayers. norm

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Singles championship is Wednesday of week 2, if I were not going to shoot the 1000 targets, I would go the second Wednesday through the last Saturday. Saturday will have a shoot off for $100,000 to the winner.

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The competition for prliminary week is as sharp as the Grand week now but less competitors. My advise is attend both weeks, embrase the moment and shop and fish. Don't forget the peach coobler and root beer float. CU in 2 months.

blade819

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The more you can attend the better. I personally like Prelim week but try to mix my shooting with a little of both weeks. The GAH the last day is a must. Just gives me goosebumps as I take the line for that Event.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Stay as long as you like, but don't miss the last 2 days!!! This way you can watch "History live" instead of reading about it later. break em all Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.