1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

First time re-loader Ponsness Warren 950elite Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maxumman, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxumman

maxumman TS Member

I just bought a used PW 950 elite loader and started buying the products needed to re-load I bought Fiocchi primed hulls/shells which BTW were $152 for 2000 don't know if thats cheap but it seemed like it was as I was looking at other hull prices here is the site if it is and you guys need hulls.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Fiocchi-12ga-275-hull-brown-printed-cs_2000/productinfo/064122XC/

Anyway i bought Primed hulls how do I skip that step on the loader. I also bought 50lbs of #8 lead shot, 8 lbs of powder. 1000 wads 1 1/8oz as i see thats what the machine was set up for I also ordered 4000 primers fiocchi of course seem to be a great shell to buy so i figured they'd be a good product any help or advice would be appreciated guys.
  2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

An easy way to avoid removing the primers from the pre-primed hulls is to just unscrew the pin from the end of the primer punch. It may be snug so wrap a bit of leather or rubber around it if you have to use pliers. After you've removed it once, it's a snap from then on. Leave it out for as long as you're gonna use those hulls.

If the pin doesn't yield easily just loosen the Allen bolt and remove the whole depriming punch...again, a 10 second job. Since you're using fresh hulls you won't miss having the punch to open the hull mouth for the wad. Then just run the hulls through the press in the normal way.<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Keller
  3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

I bet you never buy Fiocchi primed hulls again. You have completed step one of a learning process
  4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

<blockquote><I>"I bet you never buy Fiocchi primed hulls again. You have completed step one of a learning process"</I></blockquote>Geez...you make it sound like it's gonna take a complete remake of the press to load these hulls!

How tough a job will it be for person used to even minimal physical activity to reach out, grab that little pin and unscrew it before starting to reload? After the first time, it's easier than changing a light bulb!

I reload literally thousands of pre-primed hulls a year and the most time consuming part of the process is figuring out where to set my tea down on the bench before I start!

Keller
  5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

I would be very surprised!

I don't think the P-W factory EVER uses thread locker on anything...there's no reason to.

Keller
  6. maxumman

maxumman TS Member

Thanks Keller I'll try to screw it out this evening. I didn't think it was rocket science any other advice you can give me would be great.
  7. maxumman

maxumman TS Member

Fiocchi is one of the best shells on the market and 7.5c per pre primed hull is a good price I thought anyone that has constructive help and places to buy my re-loading products I am all ears or eyes in this case.
  8. maxumman

maxumman TS Member

9. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Maxumman,

Nothing wrong with Fiocchi shells, just not the prefered hull to reload.

I think you will eventually join the rest of us and gravitate to Rem STS, Fed, or AA.

ed
  10. maxumman

maxumman TS Member

Why folks......Why?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.