1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First time out with homemade shotmaker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I finally tried out my shotmaker tonight, just a short run to see where I need to make improvments. I of course found a few of those.

The shot is out of round slightly, not a huge deal but I would like to make it better. Is this most likely due to having coolant issues or problems with the angle and drop on the lip?

I will try to find my digital camera tomorrow and post a few pictures of this inexpensive setup. -Rich

2. richrob

richrob TS Member

Yes, some of it seems oval, kinda like the two longer sides are flatter. Im planing on adding some liquid soap to the anti-freeze and try it again saturday. -Rich

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

4. richrob

richrob TS Member

I ran another batch saturday night with fairly good results. I have been using a small ammo can for a tank for these tests, I have a bigger one but still working on the setup. I ended up just about filling the small can without realizing it and the coolat got too hot. About 3/4 of the shot ended up being pretty good.

Im back at school now, after graduation in 2 weeks Ill find my camera or borrow one to get some pics. -Rich

5. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

Can anybody give me some info on shotmaking I know a little bit about it and I'm considering doing it but didn't know the specifics and how involved it actually is? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

Had the same problem on my first run as well. Still haven't corrected it, it shoots just fine so I am happy with it for now. I might tinker with it a little bit more later and try to fix it, but for now it's fine. Didn't shoot for 2 months then went out with 7/8 oz of my home made shot and shot a 47/50 which is, roughly, my average.

7. scott k

scott k TS Member

http://trapshooters.com/cfpages/smess_list.cfm#1202757

8. scott k

scott k TS Member

that not what i wanted.

shotmaker pics vids and more

search this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shotmaker homemade