1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First time out after cataract surgery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    It's been about four weeks since surgery was completed on second eye. About three months since I last fired a shot. It's time!!! Now first the excuses. My Ljutic is still at Ljutic being redone and I just had to shoot so I picked up one of those funny eyetalian guns that did not fit just quite right. Severe body rusting (mine). 25mph SE wind gusting to 35.

Firsr target out of the house I missed. Gun was ready before I was. Ran a 21 X 25. Second round 21 X 25. Scores don't sound like much but even though I have an after surgery floater problem I could not believe how well I was seeing the targets. No Rx glasses required. I have worn strong corrective glasses my entire life up til now. Comments were made as to how fast (close-in) I was breaking targets. I knew ahead of time I would see better and may jump at targets so I used reasonable restraint. Never made a false move, never jumped at a target, never felt jumpy or nervous. I paid special attention to make sure I was holding the gun in the right place and looking in the right spot before calling for a bird. I believe I was seeing the bird so much quicker I had lots of time to figure out the flight path before shooting, yet I was still breaking them close-in. It was amazing at how easy it all seemed. I can't wait to get my smoke pole back and have at it. For the first time I feel as though I might have a chance to get back to where I was when I quit shooting thirty years ago.

If your contemplating cataract suegery, DO IT!!! Good shooting to all, Marc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.