1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First Time In Arizona: Where to go to shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tbuster, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbuster

tbuster Member

Making my first trip to Apache Junction to visit family. Going January 17-27. What clubs are in that area that I could go to to shoot some registered targets? Any help would be appreciated.

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Ben Avery, Tucson, Casa Grande, etc....

3. Sam Roehrich

Sam Roehrich TS Member

Tucson Trap and Skeet

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the AZ web site. Clubs and dates are all there. Bill Malcolm

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

T buster, I assume while you're there you'll get a trip to Tortilla Flat for a burger and on up through to Roosevelt Dam. Great ride. Also, if you like fried chicken or ribs hit Filly's on 88 a mile or two from Main street. Have a good trip, it's great area. Bob

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Torilla Flats and then up to Roosevelt Dam on Apache Trail, sights you will never be able to see again anyplace else ... Be careful on the one lane bridges and keep your eyes on the road because it gets pretty narrow in some places ...

West of Ben Avery on Carefree Highway about 2 miles @ Lake Pleasant Rd. (99th Ave.) there is a little place called Wild Horse West Saloon, great burgers anyway you like em ... The Chili is good also and dress is really casual as in anything goes ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. tbuster

tbuster Member

Thanks to all of you that gave me some names and places and web info. I do want to see some country so I will for sure see some country and hopefully some of your suggested spots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.