1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First time in 21 months

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Rock, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

This Sunday will be the first time I have shot trap in the last 21 months. Doctor says I should be able to do a couple of rounds. If I can stand up and not fall down for those 17 min. LOL.

Any way I am getting my stuff together and going to give it my best shot.
    It is the one thing I have missed the most.

I just hope I can break a couple of targets. Not expecting much but wanting to and being able to shoot again is great.

Rock

Jim

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Good Luck Jim. Welcome back. Get out there have some fun!

3. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

thats great jim - just go have fun

kevin

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rock,

Glad you are ready to go ... I have to see the Doctor on the 13th on March and hopefully get released so I can get back to shooting and bowling again ... I have been restricted since Oct, 2010 so here we go again ... Good Luck ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Good for you buddy. It only gets better from here! Bill

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Go get em Jim. What are you going to shoot? Bill

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good luck Jim, have fun and take your time getting back into shooting shape. Once again, you'll be tough as nails as always!!

Good luck to WPT too!!

Hap

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Glad Jim and Bill are getting better...but what has kept you guys off your feed?

Sending best wishes for good health!

Denny

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had open heart surgery Oct 5, 2010, which proves a lot of people wrong who think I don't have a heart ... I left the Doctors office heading for the hospital at 4:30 pm was in surgery at 5:15 pm so there not much time to think about it before it all happened ... Had some complications, namely a Decubitus ulcer on my tail bone that was worst than the heart surgery, it took my mind off of the heart thing ... I have not been released by the Cardiologist as of yet, (hopeing that will happen on 03-13-12) but the Heart surgeon said do what ever don't hurt or put a strain on your chest for a couple of more months ... Now, I have the (rebuilt) heart of a 20 year old in an old mans body but at least still on the green side of the grass ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bill,

Great to hear you are doing better. How is the wife?

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The wife is about half done with the Chemo but will have to go for Hercepton (chemo) every 3 weeks for the next year ... Radiation will be everyday for 6 1/2 weeks after the Chemo but can be done while she is getting the Hercepton ... I call her "Curly" you figure out why ... She laid the Cancer thing on me while I was still in the ICU, gave me a little more to think about ... I told her one day we will look back at all of this and figure it was a test ... That was a few bad months, was afraid to have anything else checked ... Thanks for asking ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Wow, Bill. You two have been handed some heavy lifting. My best for your recovery and prayers sent for Momma.

Denny

Now, how about Rock?

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The real hold up is this damn A-Fib heart. Mine came with a very irregular beat at 160+ beats a min..

The medication for the heart messed up my diabetes medication and has taken my numbers in excess of 370.

The A-Fib thing had me so weak I could hardly walk a half a block. As the heart medication did slow my heart rate down it will not pump enough blood if I exert any physical motion. In short I cannot get enough breath to barely walk.

After almost two years they finally got me on the correct (well better) medication.

The last time I shot a round of trap, just me alone, I actually passed out on station 4. And with a loaded gun ( open but loaded) it was time to stop and rethink things.

I can at least now walk to the next trap house. I don't want to be a chair shooter but will if I must.

If it was not but for the love of the game I could just move on.

Rock

Jim

14. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I hope all goes well for everyone but I'm not getting why you have to wait all this time to shoot again.

for me

June 1st 2010,massive heart attack,life support for 4 days,June 4th,6 bypasses,14 days in ICU.....1 month later back in the hospital with Pneumonia,1 month after that I had my ICD installed then 4 months of cardio rehab.

I was allowed to go back to shooting lightly then and back to ATA targets in March of 2011.

Both my surgeon and cardiologist are sporting clay shooters.

15. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Rock,
    Best of luck with getting back into shooting.It will feel good just to pull the trigger. Enjoy!!

Bill,
    I hope all goes well with your recovery as well,sounds like you are on the road to a good recovery. Best of luck to your wife as well.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.