1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First tgt last post

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Target most often missed is the 1st target on the last post, 21,46,71 or 96. This only holds true if you are going straight. 96th tgt lost for a score of 99 is very common, 21st tgt lost for a 25 is also common. Thats my opinion anyway, what do you think.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I think you should stick to it. But of course opinions are like (insert mildly offensive word here) and everyone has one; they pretty much all stink.

3. IMGRV

IMGRV TS Member

I'm not sure about your fuzzy math, all I know is I can miss one or more at just about any post. There's no particular pattern that I'm aware of.

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

What I have seen pulling targets over the past 32 years is: when a shooter fails to get a target or the target breaks when released, those who keep the gun up mounted, versus starting their routine over, the following target results in a missed bird 50% of the time. The most missed bird (for a right hander) that I have witnessed over the years is a straightaway (right angle bird) from station 1. The 2nd most missed is the hard right from Station 5. I've seen about a million thrown birds over the past 32 years. BT100dc

5. schwabby

schwabby Member

Good post BT. Do you have any inclination on why that is? it might make sense to practice those shots.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I don't worry about what number target I miss. That's just one more thing to worry about that is not necessary. Trap is a sport of consistency and concentration. If you start to introduce other variables you'll start sacrificing those necessary skills needed to do well.

Bryan

7. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I have missed every target there is for a 99, hell I've even missed the 100th. target 5 times for a 99..Most of the guys on my squad have done it also.
    I've missed the first target in a 200 bird event and ended with a 199. I had fun, just another day shooting...

8. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

It's thinking about stuff like this that will cause you to miss.

9. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

first target you come "unzoned" on

10. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

I have found you can talk yourself into almost anything.

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Schwabby: on Station 1 many righthanded shooters have their feet to extremely favor a hard left and thus when a hard right (straightaway bird) comes out they push the gun away from their face. Station 5 hard rights requires a smooth swing and if the wind blows it down (this is a frequent occurrence as our traps are facing due east and our prevailing wind is NNW or west) then it's easy to shoot over it. The failure to start your routine over causes a lot of shooters to be anxious as there is a little doubt left in one's mind about whether you're going to get a good target or not. Starting your routine seems to allow you to forget that you had gotten a broken target. The no target event seems to also apply. Some may doubt that 50% are lost but keep in mind my experience is made up of all types and skill level of shooters. Now, if all the shooters that I have pulled and scored for were AAA shooters the past 32 years, I'm certain that 50%, obviously, would not be lost.
    BT100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.