1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First round of skeet today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I was at the trap club this morning and got talked into shooting a round of skeet by a group of guys who swore it was gods greatest gift. It was a bigger waste of shells than dove hunting and took about 30 min to get around with 7 guys. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

2. parrothead

parrothead Member

Great sporting clays practice! How did you like station 8?

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

How many pats on the butt in the 30 min.??

Takes that long to change into the proper attire. I can take everything but the heels. 13 EEEEE are a real problem to find and they just don't look good on me. Went to some lower heeled red pumps and I was just not as welcome as in the higher heeled shoes.

Rock

Jim

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

What I have always gotten the biggest kick out of is that in our

TRI-COMBO league, the reasonably good skeet shooters, just about rule in trap, but with skeet and 5-stand it's sometimes nip and tuck about who's better!

And while I see some simple--------- write about pink totos and what not, and I think that maybe the skeet shooters might be talked into wearing one as gag.

The skeet guy's I know, are real men!

and talking to much about it might get some gorilla to tie a not in someones tail!

AL

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Richrob,

So who is in a hurry?

What was your score?

Inquiring minds want to know?

ed.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Skeet is fun. Short range shots with big leads. I shoot in our club league and my company league, no registered, and carry about an 88% average.

Funny how dyed-in-the-wool trap shooters have such bitter disdain for skeet shooters. The dyed-in-the-wool skeet shooters I know don't give trap shooters much thought...

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

An 88% average.....in skeet no less!

Now that's embarassing! You may wish to consider a larger size pantyhose.

8. wadman

wadman TS Member

I also am a died in the wool trap shooter whao just started shooting skeet. If you will notice most trap shooters are trap shooters because they no longer have the reaction time to shoot skeet.They are both great games but skeet reguires a little more speed and better vision. I ind skeet to be more exciting.

9. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

Skeet is for sisses

10. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

If the american version of skeet is too easy for you, try shooting low gun, doubles at all stations, variable release, or wobble skeet. Any of these versions or variations of, will challenge even the best shooters.

I personally enjoy the challenge presented by wobble skeet.

ed.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My alltime favorite is a game some call scrap. It's shot from the skeet stations but the birds are thrown from the trap house. My high score is 19 but I will get better(I hope). For those of you wanting a challenge you need to try this one time. If you can hit 25 at this I'll take my hat off to you and know that you are either very very good or lucky. Jackie B.

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The average skeet shooter is a better all around shot with a shotgun than the average trapshooter. And, decent skeet shooters can shoot trap with no problem and very respectable scores. Dedicated trap shooters fare poorly at skeet. Skeet shooters do much better converting to sporting clays.
    Y'all don't like it cause ya suck at it. Jake

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Green Beret CJ,

If it helps any, that 88% average is only with 20 gauge and 28 gauge. I don't use a 12 gauge for skeet any more.

So what is YOUR skeet average CJ?

Tim

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

the skeet vs. trap argument doesn't interest me in the least. i'm a trapshooter that has shot skeet a few times. it's fun. i'm shooting clay things. but i do have a question. is anyone else noticing a decline in the amount of skeet being shot at your club? we have 2 trap and 2 skeet fields at my club and on sun. mornings we would have both games being shot at the same time. now we're lucky to have a squad or two shoot skeet and they're usually 4 man squads. trap will run steady for 4 or 5hrs. straight. just wondering?

brett d.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

these comments are always funny to read--

regards from snowy Iowa

Gene

16. richrob

richrob TS Member

i guess before my post was vauge. i have no personal problem with skeet or skeet shooters. i just felt that for as much as it was talked up to me it didnt meet my expectations. there was a lot more standing around than i would have liked, probably because of the number of people we had. i also didnt really enjoy people telling me to just aim in a certain place and shoot, that takes much of the excitement out of it and in no way left me wanting more, although im sure i will shoot more rounds of skeet before it is all said and done. on an aside, trap2day, not everything said is a personal attack on you, i believe most people are just posting on here to gain information and joke around. -Rich

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I think that skeet is easier, at least for me. The only thing I don't like about it is the length of time it takes to shoot a round of it. Trap is much faster.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I have shot skeet some and didn't really like it either I guess I like the faster pace in trap ,I guess the one reason I like trap better is I can just use my 12 gauge for all of the registered shoots but in registered skeet one needs all of the different gauge guns and all of the extra reloading stuff for the different gauge hulls so I guess im just a simple guy that don't like packing half a dozen guns around all the time.

Fog

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Our club throws more trap targets for leagues, but there are more skeet rounds shot overall.

Skeet is hard to learn but easy to master.

Trap is easy to learn but hard to master.

Both games use shotguns and clay targets.

The gun grabbers want to stop all of it.

Anyone with a large inferiority complex can knock the other game.

A 4 man squad takes about 20 minutes for skeet, a 5 man trap squad takes 15.

Once you learn skeet the hard angles from 1 & 5 are much easier.

So enjoy them both if you get the chance. You're dead a long time.

HM

20. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

"SOCIALLY COMPATABLE" to shoot skket...lol

Once you learn where the target is going to be from one station to the next SKKET is easy, point the blunder-bust with skeet or IC chokes in that direction and shoot... that is just making noise, theres no marksmanship involved...

Now trap, you had better be on target or you'll miss.

Conclusion: Trap shooters are much better shooters then skeet shooters by far.

Skeet shooters also have annoying argumentative personalities, that makes them very hard to be around for long, and I have never seen a trap shooter wearing a pink-too-too, that's just not right.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

a round of skeet