1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First Pheasant Hunt

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BFJ201, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Had my first day of pheasant hunting. Great fun here in Gregory, South Dakota. We limited out in 3 1/2 hours and we will be back at it for the next four days.
    <a href="http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/ae179/jrallen201/?action=view&current=FirstDayofPheasants.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

This is my first pheasant hunt ever. My little brother had "hunted" pen birds before but this is his first try at wild birds and the other guy in our party had hunted pheasants ever since they started hunting them in the Texas panhandle. We certainly went the right route for a first hunt with a professional guide here in South Dakota.

James Allen

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Fair warning ..... it is addictive. Oops, too late.

4. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

Was the guided hunt expensive?

I have heard as much as $500 per gun per day, is that about right?

Looks like it's pretty cold up there already, but I bet your blood warmed up after that first group popped up in front of you.

I'm jealous! Gotta wait till Nov.

5. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

That price is about right but it is all inclusive from meals, lodging, booze, ammo, etc. It is all on private land so you don't worry about competing with other hunters and I think it is worth it.

Weather is not too cold yet but of course we're Texans so we were bundled up a little more than necessary. That picture was only about 40 degrees but it was windy and raining off and on.

6. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

Day 2 we limited out in 2 hours and today (day 3 of 5) we limited in 40 minutes. There are tons of birds here in southern South Dakota.

<a href="http://s969.photobucket.com/albums/ae179/jrallen201/?action=view&current=PheasantHuntDay3003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. gold40

gold40 Member

Our group is driving to Draper, S.D. to pheasant hunt on Sunday. Good luck to all!

JERRY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.