1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Looking to buy my first Perazzi or other high end trap gun this summer. Without going to the Grand or other big shoot to compare prices, how do you know if you are getting a good price. I have looked in shooting magazines, and new gun prices are limited. If you can find the "retail" price, how much mark up is there on these, and what is a good discount. Thanks.

2. Westie

Westie Member

Any help om this?

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well, I'd suggest buying used. It's not like buying a car, where someone else left their problems behind. Generally a Perazzi, Krieghoff, Beretta or Browning will be just as good "experienced" as a new one, for half the price.

Look on Jaqua's website for used gun prices to get an ideal.
    A nice MX-3 Special can usually be had for $3500 or so.

As an example, I paid $4000 for a used MX-15 and $1900 for a step ribbed 32" set of o/u barrels that I had fitted to make a combo.

So, I've got $6000 in my combo vs. $12000 (MSRP) for a new one.

Just a thought.

Jim C

Hell, Michigan

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

You'll really have to spend the time and efforts to shop around to find the best price, every dealer has their discounts.

Buying used is a good idea, you save a considerable amount of money for the same gun if it's used.

5. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

I have a nice mx8 combo for sale.
    See Pm

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Have Stafford fit you up for a new TM9 fixed. Nicest looking top Single around.

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Westie, shoot as many different guns as you can before you make a decision. I started with a Superposed. It has some problems. I went to a 682 Gold E combo. I had issues with that gun. Before I switched again, I started asking the guys at my club why they liked the gun(s) they shot. They told me, and offered to let me shoot theirs. I shot a lot of different guns, and eventually found one brand that I consistently liked. That's what I bought, used. I've never regretted that decision.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

zzt is right, shoot it before you buy it. If it breaks targets and is comfortable to shoot, you might want to buy it. HMB

9. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

If you are after a single (TM-1) it does not matter it it is a little on the worn side. I paid $1695 for my TMX 25 years ago, it has over 250,000 rounds through it and has been tightened up by Giacomo 4 times at $230. for the last time. You can buy decent TM-1s in the high teens or low 2000 range. A new TM-9 fixed rib is over $7000. Jaqua, Bob Schultz, Doug Gray, most anyone in Trap & Field Mag. to name a few, stay away from Fairchild. An MX-8 will be in the $3800 & up range, depending on combo, single or O/U. Only caution would be on choke work on any gun. If you get a reciept from Wilkenson, Allor, Seitz or Heritage gunsmithing the barrel is probably good. Best would be to shoot the gun and see if it ink spots 16's

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I'd say to start with expect a 20% discount.

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

How 'bout a Grand American Special combo with a 34" Unsingle and 30" O/U barrels, late series choke tubes and in excellent original condition for $6,499 delivered!!

12. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm selling the TMX I just bought a month ago from Rich Bullard Jr. Look up the original posting dated 3-25-2010. Sell it for what I paid, plus shipping.
    You won't find a nicer one anywhere. Send me a PM if interested

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.