1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First Mobile STATS App

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunshoot, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Just launched the first mobile stats app for all clay sports, including all types of Trap shooting. More details here.

2. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Here is a screenshot. Specifically for Trap sports you can mark the direction of the target after you shot at it. This will give you the stats for all 3 directions shown on the website.

3. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

This tool will allow you to analyze your shooting based on flight and direction of the target. Also you can keep track of the location on where you missed the target ie. Above, Behind etc. All these stats are collected and displayed on the ShotgunWeb.com website along to the other stats.

4. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Where do you miss the most? Behind, above?

5. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I love the concept. Does the App allow you to keep stats for more then one person?

6. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

roger8918, thanks! The iPhone version, due to it's small size is to be used by only one shooter. Next versions will work for more shooters on devices with a larger screen.

7. roger8918

roger8918 Member

You need a iPad version...

8. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Yes, an iPad version is in the works, with the intention to be used by more than one shooter at a time.

I posted some quick videos on how to use the app. Videos

9. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Could you put together a video showing the reporting functionality? ....after you shoot a few rounds how you display the statistics?

10. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

So is the shooter suppose to pull the phone out after every shot and log the target? I'm thinking that would really mess with squad timing. I wouldn't want to stand there waiting for some guy to log all his targets. Not trying to be a complainer, just curious on how you intend this app to be used.

11. roger8918

roger8918 Member

it would be great for me to keep states on my kids however I would need the app to log more then one shooter.

12. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Got to agree with Jason on this one. If a guy has too pull out his cell phone and enter data it will be a complete disaster to the squad. I know I wouldn't put up with it.

13. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

roger8918, Thanks for your interest. I will be adding new videos the next few days. As far as a multiple shooter version, there will be one for iPad/tablet, because it's easier to maneuver for multiple people.

Jason and Catching Chrome. That is a valid point and it depends. If you have a full squad you have the time to do it. I tried it and I had plenty of time. Otherwise you can try doing it on a longer interval or just in practice. I am working on a version that someone like a puller could operate on an iPad or tablet, so that the squad members don't have to worry about. At that point you would have to trust the puller that they marked the missed location correctly. OR, the best scenario would be, that all squad members have the app and they all do it. :)) Nobody is upset this way!

14. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

I would think the best application would be for a parent or a coach to use this. In that case it would be a great tool. On the other hand, I try to focus on staying in the zone and pulling my iPhone out on every shot to log each target would be a really big distraction to me especially when I'm trying to put a lost target out of my head. I truly appreciate what you're trying to accomplish with this and I'm not trying to be rude at all believe me but if you have that much time on the full squads you're shooting on then I would be rethinking who I'm shooting with because most of the people I shoot with barely give me time to load my gun before its my turn again. Could be useful in practice as well I suppose, but I would forget it in competition unless you want to squad by yourself all the time. Again, I'm not trying to be rude or trash your idea, just my two cents which isn't even worth that much.

15. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Jason,

Great suggestion. The bottom line is that if you want to dig deeper into your shooting problems/issues you have to look at the target types and the patterns that emerge. Having someone else keep stats is a good alternative if that is an option. If you want to improve, there is a way and the stats app is a great tool for doing just that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.