1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First gun purchase out of Calif.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I'm used to buying guns in Calif. and today after living in Nevada for two years I made my first gun purchase. I walked into the store found a rifle I wanted, the price was ok and I told the dealer I wanted it and asked what do I do now. He said fill out this form and give me five minutes I did and he did and I walked out with a brand new AR15. I must say it is amazing.

warren

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I think that's the same as most states?

3. oz

oz Active Member

steve w....you are kidding! right? in my state you have to wait 7 working days even if you traded in another gun. oz

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

Same procedure for a handgun here in Vermont...

Private purchases at the range work also.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Its the same here in Idaho. One of many great reasons I will never leave here. Get a concealed weapons permit and the gun sale will be even quicker.

6. warren

warren Member

There is life outside of Calif.

warren

7. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

As bad as it is here in Massachusetts, we have instant check, and there's no waiting period, plus we have concealed carry. Still, we're looking over our shoulders at the state government: they want to disarm us.

LA in MA

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

In Illinois, we have to fill out the 4473 as does everyone else, then wait 24 hours for a "long gun", 72 hours for a handgun, and even wait the same for black powder guns and air guns if they are either/or over .177 cal or faster than 600 fps. Wanna move here?

Guy at Wallyworld asked me the other day if the ammo I was buying was for a rifle or a handgun....I asked him why he wanted to know...he said he had to. So, I told him that the CCI minimags, the 9mm Paras, and the 12 ga promo loads were all for handguns. Is this a great place or what?

If I didn't have a nice antler and meat producing farm I'd think about moving to MO or some other gun/fun friendly state. I'm trying to figure out how I can pay my fair share toward the Olympics that Barry is pitching for ChiKago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.