1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

first grand handicap in

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trapshooter1, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

It looks like a SJ 18.5 and an Illinois 19.5 shooter will shoot off tonight to see who gets first spot for the 100,000. Also looks like entries are up from last year.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

And the IL shooter was not me by a long shot. LOL

Wheeweee i stunk it up today.

3. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

I know the guy. We call him sandbagger. He has a lot of trouble with flinches. He can completely walk off the concrete trying to release a trigger. He cannot shoot a pull trigger at all. If he doesn't flinch he can post some good scores. I would about bet that in the shoot off he will be back to flinch city and the SJ beats him. Hope I am wrong but I doube it.

4. JRBT

JRBT TS Member

My 12 year old grandson shot a 98 today. So proud

5. grntitan

JRBT(Grandpa)--That is something to be very proud. Was that in the singles, handicap or doubles event?

6. JRBT

JRBT TS Member

Hunter's 98 was in the handicap.

7. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Great shooting to your grandson

8. grntitan

JRBT---That's Awesome!!!!

I believe i have shot with your grandson before. It was at the US Open or the Southern IL Zone Shoot down on bank 2 i believe. Does his little brother shoot too? If its who i'm thinking of, they are very polite and skilled young men. would that be him?? Man thats great!!!

9. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

JRB, CONGRATULATIONS! Foster and Matt are giving me updates.

grntitan, you are correct about the 2 boys being GREAT kids. We spent the week in Iowa with them and they have their Grandpa's great heart. Then spent 3 days at the JRB club. Some of the finest people anyone could meet. Hunter is actually the younger of the two. Drake, the oldest, is chasing his football passion right now and doing great. He too is a fine shooter.

Their Youth Program is really doing well and producing great shooters and equally impressive Ambassadors of shooting sports.

Bud Bartholow

10. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

grntitan, I have a Hunter(10) and a Gage(8) they to shot the zone shoot and I think we were on a small number bank. I think his grandson has an older brother Drake who is a very good shooter as well. My 2 boys shot with Drake at the Central Zone shoot Sunday and Hunter was on a different bank..Congrats Grandpa, you have 2 very fine young men..

11. grntitan

HUNTER64--I bet that was them. The ages seems just right. They were very polite young men and the youngest kept coming up to me betwwen rounds and comparing scores. I'm not very good and was tickled pink the way he was beating me. It was really cute and i enjoyed it immensely. They are very talented period not to mention for their age. I remember their Grandpa wears the big leather hat and big leather boots. He was grinning from ear to ear and i told him he should be proud. I also said tell them to take it easy on me. He said, "they are". LOL Would that be you??

12. HUNTER64

HUNTER64 Member

Grandpa has leather boots , but not the hat....It may be Hunter and Drakes Grandpa, He was in a utv Sunday and I think he did have a hat on he was watching Hunter and Mom and Grandma were watching Drake..

Bud, me and Jayme missed you this weekend, But I did get to catch up with Foster on Snow Goose Hunting, The boy's were excited to see him and Matt as always. It is getting better as time goes but I don't know how you survived the competition between the 2, at what age did it where off...now they root for each other and help all they can, it is truly amazing to watch.....
    Your Friends

T.J. & Jayme

13. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Looks like Handicap entries were up 20% from last years first caps.

14. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

T.J. and Jayme, PM on it's way to you.

15. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

with 100K up for grabs, many folks are going to enter every handicap. They are not going to shoot the prelim singles and doubles but clearly they are there to get as many entries as possible to qualify for the 100K shootoff - (and there is nothing wrong with that).

16. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

Singles were up about 17%

17. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

RJ Stuart has a scoreboard screen and you can query any shooter that was involved and see what events they entered and the scores they shot.

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Last year at the Grand I got trounced by a couple Juniors in a handicap event. When it was over, I asked them, "When I get older, do you think I'll be able to shoot as good as you two?"

19. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

20. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

IDK where exactly you guys are getting your number from, but I don't get anywhere near the % of increase you have. Comparing events from Wednesday of each year.

16 yd - 634(2010): 644(2011)

HC - 717(2010): 736(2011)

D - 524(2010): 527(2011)

With that said... The campgrounds seem much more crowded than last year, especially for this early in the week. Maybe everybody's waiting for the heat to break before they shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.