1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ First Eye Candy of 2011 Cole Gun @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Below is a custom stock that we finished today for a customer. The wood is fiddle-back Bastogne and the photos do not do the wood justice. In the natural sunlight the wood changes grain and color apperance. The wood was provided by Mike Mann and I hope the customer is happy with his new gun. As always thank you for taking a look and Happy New Year to everyone.

Dennis, Cindy & the Crew

dennisdevault_2008_03033.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_03035.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_03036.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_03037.jpg

2. superump

superump TS Member

absolutely amazing - awsome work

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Nice. I like the wood.

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Is the Cole gun, that Bill had made, back in production now? I noticed you said 2011. Ray

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Stunning...I am taking a guess; this gun belongs to a So-Cal shooter who purchased the gun about half a year ago?

David
    Los Angeles

6. perazzi2005

perazzi2005 Member

I saw this gun tonight--------and Dennis is right--------the photos do not give it justice.. It is beautiful and it is in Ohio........Dave Oberst

7. RAScott

RAScott Member

Beautiful work. Dennis is there a protective piece on the comb wher the shooter would mount his or her face? In the 2nd photo it appers there is a clear protectant of some sort on the comb.
    Bob S

8. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

For Bob S,

There is nothing on the comb but the grain and poor lighting for the photo made it appear that way. I think I need a different lighting set up but it is the best I can do for now. Also the stock had just come out of the owners hands when I took the shot and the final buffing was not completed until after the photo was taken.

Dennis DeVault

9. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

yep, and yep.

I am very pleased with the wood and workman/ladyship....

I'll try and get some pic's of the gun at Williams Co, near Bryan, Ohio in the morning. We have a Calcutta later today (oh hell its getting late), and post here later.

Thanks Obby for the kind words, hope to see you at the Calcutta in a few hours.

Dennis is correct, the fiddleback in this wood and the colors jump at you when in natural light, every inch you move the gun, the figure of the wood changes, very deep fiddleback and suttle color changes.

I have more ideas for this great work of art from Mr. Cole in-mind, with some luck, and God willing,,,, this time next year you'll see one very nice trap machine!!!

Thank you,

Matt Nicol

10. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Now that I know who the owner is, I can show the real blank from which this masterpiece sprang.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/mikermann1/Bastogne%201/

Link to the gallery in Photobucket of Bastogne #1 in the blank. Two pics below show both sides of the blank when it lived in Oregon.

IMG_2680.jpg?t=1294553850

IMG_2674.jpg?t=1294553929

Left side taken dry, right side with 1 coat of Tru-Oil to show colors, stripe, etc.

Beautiful result, Matt.

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.