1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First class experience with Kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Just got back from the Kolar factory. First class operation, wonderful people to deal with, excellent work, quick turn-a-round. Thanks John Ramagli.
    I bought a used Kolar unsingle and wanted a different rib. They swapped ribs and fitted a O/U barrel to my receiver while I waited. Gave me a great tour of the factory. Price was better than quoted, threw in a hat, shirt and 8 extra choke tubes. Top shelf outfit all the way around. I have now seen the quality and craftmanship of the gun I'm shooting.

2. Obsessed Racer

Obsessed Racer TS Member

Did you have to make an apointment? how long were you there? i would like to go myself. thanks in advance.

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I called a few weeks in advance. They gave me the dates and time I requested. I had to cancel my first appointment due to weather, rescheduled it for a week later. (weather was worse but went anyway)
    Appointment was at 9am. They were going to swap ribs on my unsingle and fit a set of O/U barrels to my receiver. While doing all this they did the annual. I was out of there by noon.

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

jbmi,Kolar is top shelf.
    Did you deal with Jeff?

Bo

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

OK, some clarification here. I bought a used O/U barrel from Kolar, when I left the factory I was told there were some extra choke tubes to take along. I didn't know they were part of the used barrel I bought. When I looked today I counted 8 tubes but realized that two were mine I left in the case.
    Kolar did a great job in helping me swap ribs and buy a set of O/U barrels. Very satisfied with the results, great people there. Part of the service connected to the new O/U barrels was checking out the receiver and timing. Gun was nice and tight when I got it back.
    I didn't mean to mislead anyone on what a great deal I got, just was excited to tell everyone how well things went.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.