1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

first bird at doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I ran 50 last week and thought I had it figured out only to drop ten per round of 50 on the weekend . I can' settle on what to do on the first bird. I like looking just under the barrel which works most of the time but then I get a supprise..I have kinard, and Leo and Okhe or how ever you spell it.

I am stumped on what I am doing wrong
    Monty

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you ran a fifty you must be doing something right. What do you mean when you say you get a suprise? The first bird is the easier of the two to hit. You should know exactly where it is going to be. HMB

3. gundog

gundog TS Member

Shoot the first bird last! Sorry iam such an ass.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Monty:

When you say, "I have kinard, and Leo and Okhe", are you referring to the instructional vids or CD's by Messrs. Kiner, Harrison, and Ohye?

sissy

5. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

For what its worth - I get "surprised" by the first bird ... when I get lazy (or over-confident) and think I can "trap" the thing quickly. It seems I do better when I stay focused and stay prepared to "track" the bird ever so slightly before I shoot it.

6. romie

romie Active Member

Maybe I am getting lazy or maybe over confident sometimes.I can look lower down the barrel for the first bird and never get the suprise... or loose my barrel target relationship.I just can't find the nitch on where to look and where to hold. I think maybe I am trying to get too close to where the bird tracks.I shot today and seems I do better if I do not crowd the first bird.
    Monty
    I need to look at the tapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

doubles trap which bird first