1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRST "BAD DEAL" ON TS>COM FOR ME

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by powder-em, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder-em

powder-em Member

FIRST

Well I have delt with several of you guys here buying and selling and have always had good dealings. Then I saw a listing for a MX 2005 with a Stock Lock on it. I called the guy and found out it was Mearle Kimmerly and asked if he would sell just just the stock. He said yes and I agreed to his price just what he asked. I asked several questions and he represented the stock to be just as it came from Pat McCarthy and in perfect working condition. So I sent the bank check and got my stock. When I opened the box I realized that the butt pad did not fit the stock and a spacer had been put in that didn't fit either the stock or the pad. I then took the pad off and found it to be held on with drywall screws. I knew Pat had never sent anything out put together with drywall screws. The wood stock piece had so many holes in it I don't know how the pad stayed on. I called Mearle back the day after I got the stock and and asked to send it back due to the condition and it not being as he had described it. Well guess what, his response was it's all yours now.
    I had thought dealing with a business person on here would be safe not the case. I have sent the stock back to Pat and he called me today to say basically it is junk. It has been cut off out of square and not fixable. His words were everything has been tampered with and he couldn't make it work properly because of all the tampering that had been done to it. So I
    called Mearle again and explained to him what Pat had told me today I got the same response too bad for you. I simply.
    asked for a return less shipping because it was nothing like he said it was.
    If anyone wants to question this at all just call Pat and he will confirm what I was sold. Dave McCrea

2. powder-em

powder-em Member

FIRST

ran 200 he had pictures of the stock on the gun on this site but you can't see inside of it and under the pad where it had been cut off and I asked if it was original unaltered. From the outside without close ups it all looked OK. Not the case. Dave

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

FIRST

Dave: I hope this turns out for you. The subject of this transaction was not Merle Kemmerly from Bossier City, LA. was it? He "specializes" in release triggers. You can do a search on this site and will find almost no one has anything positive to say about his business. Myself, I never had the opportunity to do business with him. (Mainly due to the negative feedback from the fellow TS.com respondents). Hopefully this is not the individual you did business with. My opinion only. Ed

4. powder-em

powder-em Member

FIRST

esoxhunter it is the same guy, the trigger guy. I have seen his ads in Trap and Field many times and just thought he was a reputable individuel. Never did a search here. Guess I should have. Dave

5. powder-em

powder-em Member

FIRST

Hi Jimmy thanks for that, I guess I will be sticking with the PFS I bought from you. Never should have thought of moving up. Take care Dave PS how is the new K gun shooting it sure is pretty.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

FIRST

I've had many small transactions on TS.com and I have NEVER had any instance where I didn't get or send what was described. Recent deals with Muzzleblast and Hoghunter were great and they are honorable people. I've even had some ship the items before they received the funds. It's horrible when someone takes advantage of someone here.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

FIRST

Bigmac sorry to hear BUT your first mistake was dealing with Kimmerly . The guy is a butcher And I thought everyone knew that . I had a deal just like yours but with a one time poster from Florida . We can only hope he and his ink die slow and painful .

8. powder-em

powder-em Member

FIRST

skeet I sent a cert. bank check. Any other ideas. I thought of a Lawyer but it would be for the principal of the deal. Thanks Dave

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

FIRST

IT's pretty obvious he knew from the get-go that he was screwing you, or he would have gladly accepted it back.

I don't deal like this. Sadly, however, others do.

Go after him with the Postal Service. You owe it to youself at the very least.

I can vouch for the USPS going after mail fraud. I got a guy sent to prison in PA over mail fraud.

Whiz White

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

FIRST

You should have seen the SKB release he done for me, same work as was done to your stock, the People at SKB sent mew trigger parts free of charge after his screw up, I am out the money, I never ever have recommended him for any work whatso-ever. I am not suprised of the condition nor his reply to you,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

FIRST

Kind of closing the barn door after-you know, but all you had to do was use the search feature of TS.com, and you would have gotten all the information you needed not to ever deal with this guy.

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

FIRST

This crap is the worst we (I) trust shooters thinking they are just like we are . I have sold and bought alot of stuff to some very good people on this site . But when that trust is violated it makes me very upset . The next person doing any business with this guy is no better .

ALF

13. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

FIRST

I had a bad deal with a guy from Canada that advertises on TS.com and ebay. Most of his stuff is Winchester parts. He advertised a AAA "fancy" Super X-1 stock. When I got it, it was a piece of s##t. Had been recheckered, refinished, and looked like crap. Then he wouldn't return emails or phone calls for over 2 weeks. Took a bad rating on Ebay to get his attention, but still would not return the money unless I sent the stock first. No way. I sent him the money before he sent it out, and I expected the same. I GAVE the stock away to a nice guy who bought another Super X stock from me. Live and learn.

14. Snooky

Snooky Member

FIRST

I had pretty much the same experience as brownk80 except with a guy from Fla. I had researched as much as I could on Trapshooters and received good reports. I sent my Perazzi mx-12 three times and to say it was not shootable is an understatement. I sent it to Kerry Allor after doing another search and he did a great job. I contacted Fla. and told him about it and he said he was glad I was I had gotten it fixed. This was after almost a thousand dollars in services and shipping plus Allor's fees which were more than resonable under the circumstances.
    All said and done if I had it to do over again I would purchase an mx-8 and get Precision release triggers instead of non-removable triggers.

Snooky

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

FIRST

Dove commander....what's the name of the Canadian who "done you wrong"?

16. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

FIRST

ljutic 73- Look on Ebay under Win M12 parts and I think you'll figure it out.

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

FIRST

Since this guys a repeated ripoff here on TS perhaps it's time he was permanently banned from this forum.

18. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

FIRST

What is amazing is that this guy still advertises, in Trap & Field---Maybe our magazine should tell him no more adverising---we only deal with honest people.

Lou

19. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

FIRST

Was the Winchester parts guy Charlieville Cat?

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

FIRST

Kimmerly = CROOK

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.