1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First ATA targets saturday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JoeBobOutfitters, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

shot my first ATA registered rocks today. I've shot quite a bit of clay games with unregistered competitions and collegiate shooting with trap, skeet, sporting, international events, etc although no registered trap until Saturday.

Ended up a little disappointing overall, but not too shabby. I started coming out of my gun a bit on the 2nd group and wasn't hitting them nearly as hard, and more losses. I've shot a bit of singles before, probably 2-3000 rocks, but only 800 or so doubles and 0 handicap prior.

93 singles (25, 20(Doh!), 23, 25), 91 handicap, and 87 doubles. Shot a 32" XT with IM on traps and LM/IM for doubles.

I'll be picking up a few thousand registered rocks this summer, so hopefully things improve from here!

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Not to shabby. Where were you shooting?

Rich in Indiana

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

obviously you've got some skills... and the equipment. Seems like a bit of lost focus, which you regained on the singles... you've got plenty of opportunity to "practice" !

Continued success,

Jay

4. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

The shoot was in Hays, Kansas. Targets only, not any prizes/options.

Definitely lost focus on the 2nd round! I compete in the ACUI (Collegiate) and we switch back and forth all the time between trap, skeet, int trap, int skeet, doubles, sporting, etc so it's pretty hard to really get honed in on a single event. This summer will be primarily singles trap, so hopefully will get in the groove.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I shoot 5-stand, skeet, and sporting clays in the off season for fun but when it's time to get serious my focus is on trap. I will do a few rounds of wobble and skeet during the main season if I want to work on my swing and staying in the gun.

Rich in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.