1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First 25 and Second 25 both on the same day!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

What can I say, yesterday way a REALLY good day of shooting. Hit my first 25 right off the bat on the first round with a second 25 on the third round and a 24 in the middle then a couple of 23's and another 24. Overall, I shot 96% over on 150 targets, which is 10% higher than my average over the past 3 months. What changed? I held the gun up high on my shoulder. Had a couple of people tell me that I was holding it too low over the last couple of weeks so after a day of getting used to it on Sat, I went out on Sunday again and shot great. I got the feeling right for the new mount and stance and was just blasting them out of the sky. The ones I missed, two were actual misses and the rest I simply lifted my head off the stock and knew they were going to miss as I pulled the trigger.

Anyway just wanted to share!

2. glenns

glenns Member

Awesome - congratulations.

I have the same problem with lifting my head. It seems to happen on straight away shots that I think are 'easy.' I lift my head and shoot over the bird. I've been trying to focus on that in practice.

96% is really great.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I am just excited because this means that I can actually get into the 90's, I was stuck at 86%.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Keep putting them together and a 100 straight will be on your scorecard in no time...good shooting!

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Congrats- you are now in the mix for a potential 100. May it be soon and often for y'all!.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. Robbie T

Robbie T TS Member

congratulations :) First 25 and 2nd 25 in the same day. Nice

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Nice goin! Its real good to know you can do it. Now is a great time to shoot alot so that "feeling" gets imprinted.

All the best,

Guy Babin

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

great shooting...........usually when someone shoots like that, there is a P or K gun purchase just around the corner!!!...lol, just kidding...keep it up!!

tony

9. glenns

glenns Member

Mounting the gun during winter - I shot last week in an ATA shoot and did not have a good 1st round (shot 19). Someone behind told me that I was not mounting the gun high enough. It was cold and I was wearing a jacket for the first time. Seems that the jacket was 'catching' the butt and so I did not get the gun to my normal position. I was more conscious of this and did better the next 3 rounds (22,23,23).

Just in case you start shooting with a jacket be aware of how you mount the gun.

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Yeah this will be the first winter where I shoot so I was also wonder about how to keep the thickness of the jacket down. I figured that I would not wear the vest, but then use warm base layers and a windproof fleece to keep warm.

11. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Nice shootin' I just bought a windproof sweater from Beretta. Very thin, lined and terribly warm right now! I think with a technical underlayer (you know, Under Armour or similar) it would work just fine in all conditions. Perhaps add a tuke and cut the trigger finger out of a glove or at least the tip. Run 'em all and have a great time doing it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.