1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

First 100?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinbubba, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

Is shooting your first 100 more of a head game than difficult? Is it like shooting your first 25 or is it just a damn tough feat to accomplish and then stay at that level, 25's dont seem that difficult after the first one, now 25's seem like it was more of a mental thing was wondering about 100's? how many shooters actually can shoot 100's with consistency? percentage wise.Ive been shooting for only 3months and ive shoot 700 registered targets with a average of 96.0. Ive shoot 1- 99 so a 100 is what im shooting for every time now and wondered just how difficult the feat is and how big of a task lies ahead.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

It will come at an unexpected time. If you forget about the 100 and just work hard for each target, it will come sooner.

Pat Ireland

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

With a 96 average after only 3 months shooting experience your first 100 straight can't be far off. Once you can run 25's on a regular basis it is all mental. I had several 99's (couple of times I missed the last target) before I kept things together long enough to run 100 straight. Once you get that first one under your belt the rest do come easier. Now when I go to the line I expect to break them all. Doesn't always happen but you have to believe in your abilities to perform perfection on a regular basis.

Rich in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.