1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Firocchi Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeb2700, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Just wondering what everyone thinks about this ammo ,Got several flats over the weekend and was wondering what to expect. Thanks Jeb

2. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

The one ounce 1200 fps load in #8 makes smokeballs from the 16 yard line. Your impression of how well or how poorly the Fiocchi loads work will depend on how well you shoot your shotgun. They are good shells for me.

Don T. Littleton CO

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I bought a flat of 1-1/16th oz loads. (I know, kind of a weird weight) They shot great. I also bought a flat of 1oz low recoil for the grandkids. I was really pleased with them also.
    I didn't try reloading them, but will buy Fiocchi again

I have also been pleased with their pistol ammo and pistol primers. I am told they have a plant in the USA that makes a lot of what they sell here.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I got 10 flats of the 1 Oz x 1150 fps 'Shooting Dynamics' load this spring. The price was right and they shot really well for singles. I will buy them again if I get the opportunity.

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Have shot Fiocchi pistol, rimfire and centerfire rifle, and shotgun ammunition. Very good stuff, no disappointments.

6. John 53

John 53 Member

TRW369, do you have to use Fiocchi primers ONLY for those?

John

7. boba7449

boba7449 Member

Any good prices ?

8. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Fiocchi plant is in Ozark Missouri.

9. mjsweims

mjsweims Member

John 53, I think Rio, Noble, and Cheddite should work well. All, including US Fiocchi are .001 larger than US brands.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Barfin- No. Outside of domestically manufactured ammunition (Win Rem Fed), almost everybody else in the world uses steel "brass" for their shotshells.

Sure, you can argue that Rio and Fiocchi (and possibly some others) are "domestically manufactured". A closer version of the truth is they are "domestically assembled" using foreign components.

11. Gary Ehas

Gary Ehas TS Member

For what it is worth,shot approx 20,000 of the lite 8's approx. 10 years ago. Never had a bad shell or any issues with quality. Had a lot of 100's & a few200's with them. On the down side, my Mec didn't like them to we'll due to steel base. Also, in my opinion , they could have competed for market share with Rem , Fed & Win if their management had any marketing sense. The people I encountered @ Fiocchi were not interested in selling shot gun shells or increasing their brand loyality .......Gary Ehasalu