1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Firearms Insurance - SIAI ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LDAdd, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

I'm seriously thinking of firearms insurance through "Sportsmens Insurance Agency, Inc" (SIAI) located in Florida. Please respond with any experience with these people, good or bad. They sound knowledgeable and experienced. I'm hoping that is the case.

Thanks for your input.

Larry Addison

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Larry..... You have a PM... Dan

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm insured though them. No problems whatsoever. Haven't had to make a claim, but i've heard good stories from those that have.

4. ink ball

ink ball Member

Check with your agent for your homeowner's policy. Many will add endorsements for firearms. I pay $10 per $1000 value per year to insure my firearms.

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

An endorsement on my homeowners policy was more expensive than buying a policy through Sportsmens and the SIAI policy provided better coverage. I could not find another company that was less expensive or provided the same coverage. One downside with them though is that you must insure for the full MSRP of the gun, not what you think its worth. I hope never to have to find out how good their claims service is but it gave me some peace of mind to insure a couple of high dollar guns.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Give Ace Insurance in KY a call. Diana Crawford shoots ATA, and is near, if not at, the back fence.

She's a lot easier on the eyes than Hollis. LOL

7. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Please compare those mentioned here to NRA's underwriter.

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I thought it was somewhat of a ripoff since they charge you based on the gun's full retail value when the actual replacement value is substantially less. When the premium is based on say $14,000 and they can replace the gun for $10,000....

Maybe that's being picky but I would have been interested if the coverage were more in line with true replacement cost. How many people do you know that pay the retail price of a Perazzi?

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The NRA underwriter has two tiers of coverage. The basic is not for full replacement value - and a premium coverage for more money.

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

SIAI is my company just renewed top notch service.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.