1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Firearms In National Parks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BrowningGal, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Just read this online...

An Interior Department rule issued Friday allows an individual to carry a loaded weapon in a park or wildlife refuge — but only if the person has a permit for a concealed weapon, and if the state where the park or refuge is located also allows loaded firearms in parks.

The article makes a point noting that rule will go into effect before Obama takes office. Entire article is available using link above.

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

They say that up here in AK as well but there are parks up that I wouldn't go into unless I had a rifle. One time I had a ranger question why I had a gun in a park and I noticed he didn't have but a pistol and I told him because it's my land not yours and he left me alone.

3. nobody

nobody TS Member

For being PUBLIC lands, there sure are alot of restrictions!

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Glad to see this go through. I would like to know why Bill Wade thinks he is the designated spokesman for the American Public. I sent letters of support for this legislation, and commented on various websites. I will feel much safer now, knowing that I can carry if and when I want to feel safer.

I would like to see Wade be a woman and walk through some of our parks alone. Has he forgotten about:

Chandra Levy in Rock Creek Park, MD

Martha Teresa Lamas in Hot Springs Park, AR

Anne White in Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve, MN

The male victim found last year near Tomoka State Park, FL

Amber Harris in Hummel Park, NE

These are just the ones that I can remember. I am sure that there are many others.

5. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Don't Ask, Don't Tell !

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have carried a side arm for most of my adult life, I always tell a Cop who stops me for traffic that I have a gun in the car or truck with me and that it is loaded ... I have had them ask me to hand it to them and they have unloaded and handed me the bullets and they always says its for their and my safety according to them ... I do not have a problem with them unloading it and checking it and me out ... The last time I was stopped the cop never went beyond the gun issue and he never mentioned the so called traffic offense that he stopped me for ... The Cop also never asked for a permit or CCW but did check the gun and me out before sending me on my way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.